Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo

5 IGs in Northwest Arkansas living in a BARN

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hazeljane

hazeljane

Tail Wagger

• IGW Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Name:Maggie

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:29 PM

Hello-

There are currently 5 IGs, 3 females and 2 males, four of them fairly young, from all reports, who were saved from being put down by a woman with a good heart, but no resources to help them. The older female is in their home, the other four are currently in her barn. They have not been vetted.

IGCA in Missouri is not stepping up. Like everyone else, Hazeljane's is overflowing and unable to get out of the red at the vets. I have a few spaces available, but not enough. These dogs were rescued from their 81 year old breeder, just before her son came back to put them down, as he had the rest of her dogs.

If you are aware of anyone who could help, regardless of where, please send me an email at mags@hazeljane.com.

Thanks

Maggie

#2 OFFLINE   OKIgglets

OKIgglets

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Name:catherine

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:54 PM

Oh Maggie! This breaks my heart. I'm trying to talk Daniel into letting us foster 2 or even 1 of these, but I don't think that he will do it. He's knows that there is the chance that I will fall in love with them or that they will never be adopted and he doesn't want any more dogs. I'll keep trying and until then I'll contact my friends and family and see if there is anyone in our area that I can find.
lots o' love from the Rojas pack
Posted Image
And Santana!

#3 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:57 PM

Boy...I can't even imagine what it's like to be a rescue in the middle of a puppy mill state....I hope you get the help you need.
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#4 OFFLINE   hazeljane

hazeljane

Tail Wagger

• IGW Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:51 PM

Still working on it. The only other rescue to come forward as of yet is an all breed that has helped me before. Several folks have offered to foster for me, which is great, except it still leaves all the vetting on us, and it's huge all at one time. I'm guessing complete vetting/shots/worming/speutering/dentals on all of them. And it adds up when they all come at once.

I'll keep you all posted.

Mags

#5 OFFLINE   jaggersmom

jaggersmom

Tail Wagger

• IGW Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Name:Jessica

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:47 AM

Curious to see how it is going. I asked my husband if we could foster and help out, he said if I worked part time lol (thanks) Anyways just wondering how it was coming a long.

#6 OFFLINE   hazeljane

hazeljane

Tail Wagger

• IGW Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 02:52 PM

I thought I had put up an update. But my life is such that I probably just hallucinated it. Anyway- IGCA in Texas is going to take 4 dogs, and hazeljane's will keep one. A rescue pal of mine who rescued an iggy a couple of years ago and sent him to me, is going to transport them on Saturday to Tulsa (all 5) and on Monday, I will get them Brucellosis tested so they can go on to Texas. So it will be insane at my house for a few days, but they will all be safely in new foster homes in a matter of a week or so. Yeah!!!

#7 OFFLINE   OKIgglets

OKIgglets

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Name:catherine

Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:01 PM

I'm so happy for them! Way to go on getting them foster homes
lots o' love from the Rojas pack
Posted Image
And Santana!