Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Found IGH. Need help.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 IGW Guest: "Ojesuscares"

IGW Guest: "Ojesuscares"
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:21 PM

A friend in New York has found an Italian Greyhound. He is thin and has a tumor or growth on his hind end. She CANNOT keep this dog and a rescue she spoke to actually told her to take him to the shelter. What I need is to know: A. Was the IGH lost from an airport in NYC ever found? B. Is there a rescue she can contact that will take this dog??

She HAS to have a solution today. Sadly she just cannot keep this dog. For more information please contact me directly. ojesuscares@yahoo.com

To see the post about this pet please follow to the link below to Bulldogsworld.com, a board we bulldoggers are members of and where the found dog was posted.

Thanks so much for any help anyone can give.

The link is......
http://www.network54...an Greyhound....

Amy

#2 OFFLINE   Jane

Jane

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Interests:I love to knit, sew, crochet and of course spend time with the dogs.
  • Name:Jane

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:41 PM

It was a Whippet that was lost from the airport, and a female. Here is the email for you closest rep, and you may try craigslist to see if anyone has posted as lost.

cityiggies@earthlink.net
Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   ImajeIG

ImajeIG

Cat Chaser

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Name:Debbie

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:13 PM

It was indeed a whippet that was lost in NY. Her flight left just after ours.

Here is a link with a picture of her:

http://www.americanw...cpages/vivi.htm

Deb W.

#4 IGW Guest: "Guest"

IGW Guest: "Guest"
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:37 PM

Ah, a Whippet. Ok:-) I will give the rescue information to my friend for IGH. Thanks!

Amy

#5 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:12 PM

Wouldn't it be a miracle if it were the same dog? Is there a picture of the dog that was found?
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#6 OFFLINE   chloeluvmuffin

chloeluvmuffin

Stray Dog

• IGW Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Name:Julie

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:54 PM

Dd you manage to find an IG Rescue???
If you go to the IGCA and click the rescue tab - there are a lot of rescue people in NY -a lot of websites come up. Hope this helps and hope your friend is able to find somewhere to place her other then the shelter.

#7 OFFLINE   LadyCandy

LadyCandy

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Art, Love, All Animals, Tattoos, Music, Nature, Books, Rubik's Cube, Fashion, Japan, Europe, Ipod, Veggie Burgers, Traveling, Making Jewelry, Psp, Nintendo Ds, Cute Things,Music, Ect.
  • Name:Emily

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:27 PM

I was just seeing a video about an IG who got lost in Michigan and her momma is very very sad trying to find him. One never know so please send this video to your friend to see if it is the same IG.

It would be a miracle if it is the same dog

Moose Video
Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (LadyCandy @ Dec 10 2009, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was just seeing a video about an IG who got lost in Michigan and her momma is very very sad trying to find him. One never know so please send this video to your friend to see if it is the same IG.

It would be a miracle if it is the same dog

Moose Video

I sent a message to moosesmom inviting her to post about her lost dog as well as give permission to cross post to get the word out there about her poor dog. Thanks for the link, Emily.

Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#9 OFFLINE   chloeluvmuffin

chloeluvmuffin

Stray Dog

• IGW Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:33 AM

I e-mailed Amy above, who originally posted about the lost dog in NYC- she replied and told me the police had located the dog's owner- apparently he gets out often, so they know who he is.

#10 OFFLINE   Jane

Jane

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Interests:I love to knit, sew, crochet and of course spend time with the dogs.
  • Name:Jane

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:11 AM

well, that's good, except those owners are nuts

** better yet, maybe someone else should keep him and see he's taken care of including the tumor (and not getting out to get hit)
Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   LadyCandy

LadyCandy

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Art, Love, All Animals, Tattoos, Music, Nature, Books, Rubik's Cube, Fashion, Japan, Europe, Ipod, Veggie Burgers, Traveling, Making Jewelry, Psp, Nintendo Ds, Cute Things,Music, Ect.
  • Name:Emily

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (Jane @ Dec 13 2009, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well, that's good, except those owners are nuts

** better yet, maybe someone else should keep him and see he's taken care of including the tumor (and not getting out to get hit)

Agree
Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   chloeluvmuffin

chloeluvmuffin

Stray Dog

• IGW Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:07 PM

Yes- it is bad. I told Amy to mabe suggest they hand the dog over to rescue, as they don't seem to want it much. Poor little thing.

#13 OFFLINE   Trena

Trena

Pack Member

• Premium Member
  • 561 posts
  • Name:Trena

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:39 AM

This is a sad story with just as sad an ending! Poor little guy. It breaks my heart to think of him in a bad home.
Trena
Mom to Sadie, Summer & Enzo
Forever in our hearts, Shelby (1/30/08 - 4/24/09)
Marietta, GA
IG Rescue Volunteer

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." ~Josh Billings

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users