Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo

Welcome Hannah

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JeanS

JeanS

Tail Wagger

• IGW Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Italian Greyhound Rescue, bird watching, gardening, cooking, and my adorable hubby.
  • Name:Jean

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:10 AM

I know, we said no more fostering! We got the call from our coordinator that they needed someone to do an intake in Sugar Land. The surrendering family lives only a few miles away, so we volunteered to go get her. The plan was to keep her until a foster home could be arranged. But after only being with Hannah for a few hours, we saw how well she behaved and fit in with our pack. We made it official that we are the foster family for her.

Now about Hannah! She is 5 years old and came from a good, loving home. She is so smart and well mannered. She settled in very quickly and we are having a lot of fun getting to know her. My three dogs welcomed her into the pack right away. It has been an extremely easy intake. Exceptional, I would say.

A very funny thing Hannah does is she watches TV. When a dog comes on, she runs towards the TV and puts her paws on the screen and barks. Her mom told me to expect that, so when Hannah did it, I was not too surprised. We have never had a dog that paid any attention to the TV before. So cute!

Jean S.
Molly, Belle, and Lacey's human

#2 OFFLINE   IGLV

IGLV

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Sighthounds (especially my two IG's), music, photography, Photoshop, making bows (hair bows and doggie bows), and other fun stuff :)
  • Name:Brandi

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:13 AM

Welcome Hannah (pictures?)!

My Roxy watches TV and barks at animals on there too wink.gif
Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   Biggrins

Biggrins

Veteran Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • Interests:Photography, computers, doggies
  • Name:Wendy

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:01 AM

Welcome Hannah!! wub.gif Foster flunking gonna happen!! I can see it now!!! laugh.gif
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 OFFLINE   cyc1948

cyc1948

Veteran Dog

• Validating Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Name:Yvonne

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:18 PM

I think your very correct in that prediction Wendy!

Jazzie watches animals and barks at lions. Georgie would go up to the screen and put his paws on the set to bark at lions also. Molly could care less ..she is the one who would say show me the MEAT(lion) THEN WE WILL GET EXCITED.

Auntie Yvonne
Yvonne, Jazzie & Georgie's Mom
Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:32 PM

Sounds like you are smitten....yeah...we want to see the "new addition" to your pack. You know...I"m a foster failure spikey_tongue2.gif
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#6 OFFLINE   DreamDog

DreamDog

Cat Chaser

• Premium Member
  • 174 posts
  • Name:Lisa

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:57 AM

lol!! Jean...I am not surprised at all laugh.gif I hope I get to see her when we come back next month.

Post pics when you get a chance!!!
Lisa - Sienna, Blue, Spinner & Django
IGCA Rescue Rep Alaska

My Art Website
Posted Image

Iggy Art on Artfire
Current Works - On My Easel

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.....Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” —Groucho Marx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users