Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo

Can anyone help or...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Iggiesmom7

Iggiesmom7

Tail Wagger

• IGW Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:My family, running my small online business, keeping up with my sighthounds, 7 igs and 3 greyts.
  • Name:Joyce

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:20 AM

I received this from my friend Linda, who runs the sighthound rescue group, 'For the Hounds'. I feel so bad when I hear about the older dogs being turned into shelters. Can you just imagine how they feel? Scared and alone!
Thanks for reading!

Hi Linda,

Karen Noland suggested that I contact you about two IG’s that were turned into our local shelter.

Here are the stats:

Dog #1 Lil Pup

11 years old

Grey and white

Healthy (teeth in poor shape, but he will have a dental this week)

Friendly (people and dogs, I don’t have any small children to test him with)

House trained (in the iggy sense of house training) he marked the house at first but has gotten better with some supervision, he will go out when the other dogs go out.

Very Adoptable!

Dog #2 Ronnie

13 years old

Blue Fawn

Somewhat Healthy-has a couple of small fatty tumors on his side and back, teeth are HORRIBLE and we will NOT be doing any dental work on him. He has cataracts causing very poor vision and has some hearing loss.

House trained-(again in the iggy sense) he does bark when he needs to go out to poop, however he marked in the house at first, but like the other is getting better with supervision.

He is very people oriented! Loves to snuggle, sleeps in the bed with me and doesn’t move all night!

Adoption possibilities I would think are slim for him. He is a very precious little boy, and actually has more personality than the other, but it would take a special person to adopt him.

My sister runs the shelter that took them in, so she has arranged to have all of their medical covered. I just need help placing them. She can list them on Petfinder, but she prefers to place them thru a rescue group. They have been vaccinated, neutered, heartworm tested and had a vet check. I am willing to meet or deliver them within 3-4 hours of Knoxville.

I volunteer with the Greyhound Rescue Foundation of TN and have a house full of my own dogs, plus I dog sit and have 2-3 boarders, so I am at capacity.

So, with all that said…..do you think you can help?

Thanks!

Noma Inman

Joyce & the 'Happy Tail Gang' Cody, Belle, Apache, Ziggy, Pixie and Beaker
Our little angel, Nikki, 5/94-5/2008

#2 OFFLINE   Louiesmom

Louiesmom

Pack Member

• Premium Member
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Italian greyhounds, hiking, movies or good tv
  • Name:Beth

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:05 AM

Do you know where these pups are located? Tennessee, SC or NC?

Beth
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users