Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo

Update on the Two Seniors

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Vicky

Vicky

Veteran Dog

• 1,369 posts
  • Name:Vicky

Posted 09 October 2009 - 05:23 AM

Unfortunately Phillip, now Steve, had to be taken to the vet by his first time foster mom. Although he is a chubbo he had not eaten since he got to her home Staurday afternoon and then started coughing/breathing funny. Working diagnosis is pneumonia not of aspirate origin. He is at the emergi vet undergoing nebulization/iv fluids/meds. His x-rays show his lungs are a mess. We are waiting on rescue medical committee to tell us how far we can or can't go.
So far $1000 and change just for this one night. My poor charge card will be on life support shortly at the rate of sick/broken dogs that we are getting in ...oops, I think it just gave a last gasp!

How did animal control put him under for his neuter and not see this? He was neutered on Saturday. Somethins funny here Lucy.
Poor guy, please wish Steve well and say a small prayer for Patrice who has been initated by fire into foster care.

Vicky

#2 OFFLINE   DonnaIA

DonnaIA

Cat Chaser

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Name:Donna

Posted 09 October 2009 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE (Vicky @ Oct 9 2009, 07:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unfortunately Phillip, now Steve, had to be taken to the vet by his first time foster mom. Although he is a chubbo he had not eaten since he got to her home Staurday afternoon and then started coughing/breathing funny. Working diagnosis is pneumonia not of aspirate origin. He is at the emergi vet undergoing nebulization/iv fluids/meds. His x-rays show his lungs are a mess. We are waiting on rescue medical committee to tell us how far we can or can't go.
So far $1000 and change just for this one night. My poor charge card will be on life support shortly at the rate of sick/broken dogs that we are getting in ...oops, I think it just gave a last gasp!

How did animal control put him under for his neuter and not see this? He was neutered on Saturday. Somethins funny here Lucy.
Poor guy, please wish Steve well and say a small prayer for Patrice who has been initated by fire into foster care.

Vicky

Contact Holly@silverhounds.org. She has a soft spot in her heart for the oldies and may be able to help with some of the expenses.

#3 OFFLINE   Gwen

Gwen

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,314 posts
  • Interests:Art, reading, animals. Especially my dear doggies.
  • Name:Gwen

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:37 AM

Poor guy. I hope his lungs can be cleared, and without clearing out the rescue fund's emergency box.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Boo Boo, Pixel and Georgie

#4 OFFLINE   Jackswebmonkey

Jackswebmonkey

Veteran Dog

• Premium Member
  • 1,375 posts
  • Name:Madison

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:08 AM

Vicky...thanks so much for keeping us all in the loop so we can send our loving, healing energy his way - and yours.
Madison and Jack

See IggyJack's Amazing Tricks and Activities on YouTube

Read ideas and excerpts from my forthcoming book The Conceptual Dog
http://conceptualdog.blogspot.com

#5 OFFLINE   codypup

codypup

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Name:Phyllis

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:56 PM

Cody is sending positive thoughts your way.
Sandy and Phyllis
proud parents of Cody
Irvine, CA

#6 OFFLINE   SueFru

SueFru

Cat Chaser

• Premium Member
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:37 PM

My thoughts are with this poor old guy.

I would auction a necklace or something to help him.

Sue in CT
Sweet Pea, Farfalle, Pepie, and Gemma too!

Visit our blog with links to my sighthound jewelry:
http://frumsglassmen...e.blogspot.com/
[img]

#7 OFFLINE   Vicky

Vicky

Veteran Dog

• 1,369 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:51 PM

Good News! Steve has been released from hospital and is home with Patrice. He still wasn't eating at the clinic but you know how bad hospital food can be. His sister Gracie is on meds for her kennel cough and it has upset her tummy...so Patrice will go slow and bland on her food for a day or so.

Thanks for the good cheer.

Vicky

#8 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:18 AM

I hope that both dogs will be ok. I agree...how could the shelters not know the male was so sick.....I guess they just put them in a cage, throw some food in, neuter them before they leave, without really paying attention to their behavior.
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#9 OFFLINE   Dawondergirls

Dawondergirls

Guide Dog

• Validating Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,381 posts
  • Interests:IGs, cats, mystery books especially historical, classical music and singing.
  • Name:Doreen

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:24 PM

Any news about these two sweeties?

#10 OFFLINE   Vicky

Vicky

Veteran Dog

• 1,369 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:06 AM

Each is in a foster home. Gracie will begin her HW treatment within 2 weeks. Steve is feeling much better, thank you and I 'll get his dental scheduled within this next month if the vet gives him clearance. Rosie continues to eat and slowly put on needed weight.

Vicky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users