Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo

New Woes for the Rose

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Vicky

Vicky

Veteran Dog

• 1,369 posts
  • Name:Vicky

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:26 AM

Well, She's off to the vet for the 2nd time this week. Decided again to not eat and bloody diarrhea to the point that she must stay in the playpen overnight. She travels as she poops so the potty pad gets only a 3rd of the out put. zi'm hoping there is a shot for her, maybe an x-ray or two to look at the gut. I'm really depressed over this. She is a sweet girl but something other than hookworms is going on here.

Focus good thoughts toward the Rose today, please.

Vicky

#2 OFFLINE   Dawondergirls

Dawondergirls

Guide Dog

• Validating Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,381 posts
  • Interests:IGs, cats, mystery books especially historical, classical music and singing.
  • Name:Doreen

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:08 PM

Poor little Rose!
Our Mariah had horrible diarrhea and was treated for Giardia at least four times. We finally put her on Flagyl for a month and also Panacur. She had Gieardia and Whipworms. The Giardia didn't clear up until the whips were finally gone.

I hope it is something like Mariah's problem that is easy to fix for Rose!

#3 OFFLINE   Gwen

Gwen

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,314 posts
  • Interests:Art, reading, animals. Especially my dear doggies.
  • Name:Gwen

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:25 PM

I am sending good thoughts her way.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Boo Boo, Pixel and Georgie

#4 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:49 PM

I love that girl....I hope someone can find out what the problem is with her. Keep us updated, Vic
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#5 OFFLINE   Vicky

Vicky

Veteran Dog

• 1,369 posts
  • Name:Vicky

Posted 03 October 2009 - 04:57 AM

Fecal was nagative, she was given a shot of dexamethasone, placed on flagyl 1/2 daily, and a shot of something to quell nausea. We also did a senior panel . I talked to Kim B my regional director and she gave me permission to pursue that. Possible ulcer. We'll know soon enough. Dr. E will call me tomorrow am with results (yes she calls clients after hours). So far the Rose is eating again and no nasty diarrhea overnight.

Vicky

#6 OFFLINE   JeanS

JeanS

Tail Wagger

• IGW Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Italian Greyhound Rescue, bird watching, gardening, cooking, and my adorable hubby.
  • Name:Jean

Posted 03 October 2009 - 05:09 AM

Sounds like Mariah is feeling better. I hope she is over the worst of it and on the mend.

Kim is so great to work with. Sometimes her hands are tied when it comes to authorizing extra medical procedures, but she is always there and so supportive. I'm so glad you got permission to get the senior panel.
Jean S.
Molly, Belle, and Lacey's human

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users