Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo

Rosie and Skippy Pupdate

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Vicky

Vicky

Veteran Dog

• 1,369 posts
  • Name:Vicky

Posted 27 September 2009 - 11:53 AM

Rosie started having the runs, refused to eat and lost what little weight she put back on. Trip to vet resulted in diag. of hooks!!!!!Arrrgh! That means worming for 7 dogs, 2 of which are 85 lbs (retired racers). My vet Rose, namesake, gave Rosie an appetite stimulant, meds to ease her stomach/gut soreness and I have her on Pepcid. Wow, this girl is now eating ...a lot and much more perky (side effect of the stimulant which is used for chemo patients) Lets hope this turns her around.

Skippy, the broken boy is in his new foster home, had his splint removed and is undergoing daily hydrotherapy in the pool. As you can imagine, his leg is atrophied from lack of use, the skin pretty nasty and his elbow stiff from holding it up all this time. His foster mom Stephanie adores this very sweet boy as he is so good and such a clown.

Linda will go down to Camp Steph and take a video of Skippy's pool session. We are ready to get a forever home lined for the boy. I have had one inquiry which we'll pursue.

And that the way it is.

Vicky

#2 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 27 September 2009 - 12:06 PM

I am so happy to hear about Rosie and how she is eating...what a struggle it was just to get her to eat out of my hand while she was here. If she could put on a few pounds it would make all the difference in her appearance. She is such a stunning lady. Of course....Steph is so wonderful with any dog she fosters...jumps into it 100%. I can't wait to see Skippy and Steph in the pool for his therapy tomorrow.
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users