Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Poco Lexie

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   aubrey

aubrey

Tail Wagger

• IGW Member
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Name:Aubrey

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:29 PM

I haven't shared with anyone before about my Lexie. Even though she isn't an IG, I figured you guys of all people would understand. There's something about a greyhound (big or small) that really captures your heart. They aren't just dogs- they're angels in disguise.

Even now it's hard to write about her.. Lexie was such a special part of my life. She came to us a 4 year old off the track,- scared of people, cats, doors, fans and toys. How heartbreaking it was to see such a beautiful animal living such a terrified life. Over time she became more friendly and we saw more and more of her personality shining through the fear. Lexie saw me through some of the toughest times of my life.

People always say you'll know when it's time. Lexie had been struggling with seizures, hypothyroidism and severe food allergies for almost a year. The day came when she wouldn't eat her favorite treats or even respond to her name. It was time to help Lexie over the rainbow bridge. The decision to let a loved one go is never easy, even now I wonder if she had more time left.

I wish I could write something that was fitting for her, but words fail me. A piece of my heart will forever be missing. I look forward to seeing my sweet angel again someday.

Attached Files

#2 OFFLINE   Lori

Lori

Guide Dog

• 3,259 posts
  • Interests:I love being outdoors with my animal gang, I camp,fish, like getting scared by horror movie but a chick flix is nice once in a while.spending time with my boys !!
  • Name:Lori

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:08 PM

Aubrey my heart is breaking for you for your loss sosad.gif Lexie what a beautiful girl .
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion". ....

#3 OFFLINE   cyc1948

cyc1948

Veteran Dog

• Validating Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Name:Yvonne

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:16 PM

Oh My Dear Aubrey! Your loss has just broken my heart. She was a beautiful baby.

I can feel your pain as several of us here in your new family have lost babies to such horrible debilitating events.

Our Lord and time will help with the pain. Someday you will be able to smile and laugh out loud with the memories of your beloved Lexie.

I am so glad that you have joined our family.

Auntie Yvonne
Yvonne, Jazzie & Georgie's Mom
Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   Biggrins

Biggrins

Veteran Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • Interests:Photography, computers, doggies
  • Name:Wendy

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:12 PM

I am so sorry for your loss!! sad.gif She looks like she was a sweetie! wub.gif
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 OFFLINE   Jackswebmonkey

Jackswebmonkey

Veteran Dog

• Premium Member
  • 1,375 posts
  • Name:Madison

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:11 AM

Words are never large enough to contain the essence of a dog. Your photo, smiling there together, was enough for me to get an idea of the special being she was and the special bond you shared with her. Blessings of peace....
Madison and Jack

See IggyJack's Amazing Tricks and Activities on YouTube

Read ideas and excerpts from my forthcoming book The Conceptual Dog
http://conceptualdog.blogspot.com

#6 OFFLINE   Divasmom

Divasmom

Pack Member

• Premium Member
  • 594 posts
  • Interests:family, Diva, friends, reading, gardening, scuba diving, quilting, dollmaking, ballroom dancing, sewing, various other crafts, taking Diva to visit nursing homes and schools, traveling,
  • Name:Billie

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:57 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. Lexie was beautiful, and I know you loved her and will miss her so much.
Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   Jane

Jane

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Interests:I love to knit, sew, crochet and of course spend time with the dogs.
  • Name:Jane

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:33 AM

Losing a pet is so hard. I'm sure you know what a great life you gave her. She looks to have been a well cared for love bug.
Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   aubrey

aubrey

Tail Wagger

• IGW Member
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Name:Aubrey

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:00 PM

Thank you all for your kind words. There is something therapeutic about sharing my special friend with everyone.

#9 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:30 PM

What a beautiful, beautiful girl your Lexie was. For a good majority of us...we know exactly what you are going through. The bond we share with our pets is so special. You're right...we all knew when the time came to help our beloved pets pass over. All we can do is enjoy the memories we shared....one day we will all be together again. Attached File  igbridge.gif   2.78KB   0 downloads I'm so sorry for your loss.
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#10 OFFLINE   tinyfeetzfl

tinyfeetzfl

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,068 posts
  • Name:Renee

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:42 PM

She looks like she was a sweetie - you were both very lucky to have had each other. Run free and easy, Lexie.. Rose.gif
Renee
Renee
Posted ImageIG Gili 10.25.06 (aka Tweety-Lou)

Posted Image

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us." ~Robert Louis Stevenson

#11 OFFLINE   Trena

Trena

Pack Member

• Premium Member
  • 561 posts
  • Name:Trena

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:11 PM

What a beautiful dog she was. So sorry for your loss, I know how it hurts! Run free sweet Lexie.
Trena
Mom to Sadie, Summer & Enzo
Forever in our hearts, Shelby (1/30/08 - 4/24/09)
Marietta, GA
IG Rescue Volunteer

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." ~Josh Billings

Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   Gwen

Gwen

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,314 posts
  • Interests:Art, reading, animals. Especially my dear doggies.
  • Name:Gwen

Posted 18 September 2009 - 08:23 AM

My heart goes out to you for your loss. Run free, beautiful Lexie.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Boo Boo, Pixel and Georgie

#13 OFFLINE   blueviolet

blueviolet

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Name:adrienne

Posted 18 September 2009 - 02:50 PM

so sorry for your loss - she looked a lovely girl

blueviolet
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 OFFLINE   Vicky

Vicky

Veteran Dog

• 1,369 posts
  • Name:Vicky

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:03 AM

Aubrey,

A number of us on this forum cut our sighthound teeth on greys. I still have 2 regulation size and work with my local GPA to promote adoption. As a rescue volunteer for IGC, I can tell you that many of our placements have been with greyhound families. Yes, we know how special these big guys are and we all appreciate that tough decision you had to make. Lexie was a member of the Black Brigade, my favorite grey color. I know she appreciated your heartache over helping her cross the bridge, your last act of kindness for her. Thank you for giving her the years of happiness she so deserved. Run free, Lexie.

Vicky

Edited by Vicky, 19 September 2009 - 05:04 AM.

#15 OFFLINE   Dunn13

Dunn13

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,627 posts
  • Name:Katie

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:23 AM

Lexie was a beautiful girl, and obviously you shared a very special bond. My thoughts and prayers are with you. sosad.gif
Katie, Mobley and Kasia
Salt Lake City, UT

Posted Image Posted ImageA dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself

#16 IGW Guest: "Guido"

IGW Guest: "Guido"
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:04 PM

So sorry fr your loss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users