Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Pneumo

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   letumrun

letumrun

Cat Chaser

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Name:Meghan

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:19 PM

Pneumo remembrance

Silly foster boy. We knew we didnít stand a chance. He made us official foster failures and Pneumo was our only boy.

We knew he was not a healthy boy upon adoption. His lung capacity was diminished, but his spirit made up for it three fold! His breathing was always labored, but it was never a chore to steal a sandwich of the counter. Stealth fighter, under the radar. Maybe it was the lack of fur that never gave him away.

Although he had his troubles, his day always started with a stretch and a wagging tail. Even to his final day, his tail wagged. I think we could all learn a lesson from Pneumo, when you feel like the world is on your chest and you canít breathe, wag your tail, try to stay positive, and somehow someone will leave a sandwich on the table and turn their back - or in other words: something good will come your way. He always made the best of what he had. For that I am so grateful. I had the ability to witness this lesson everyday.

To bid him farewell, there is a song - similar to the blessing - called the Irish Blessing Prayer by Bob Fabing I sang him the refrain on his final day a lot as we sat in the sun, then as he fell asleep and as we had a chance to say good bye.

ďMay the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always with you. May the sunshine warm you always. ĎTill we meet again.

Meg
Leader of the Pack
and then there were three - Mags Zoe and Soph

Posted Image

#2 IGW Guest: "Guido"

IGW Guest: "Guido"
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:07 AM

:tomato: I am so sorry for your loss. You did the very best you could and gave him a more enjoyable life. For some reason I can actually imagine there will be plenty of sandwiches left on the counters by those waiting at the bridge with him.

Edited by Guido, 16 July 2009 - 06:07 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   Jane

Jane

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Interests:I love to knit, sew, crochet and of course spend time with the dogs.
  • Name:Jane

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:48 AM

Pneumo, for which you were named, may you now bark with clarity, run free without gasping, and wait for Meg with vibrant doggy youth.
Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   Jackswebmonkey

Jackswebmonkey

Veteran Dog

• Premium Member
  • 1,375 posts
  • Name:Madison

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:50 AM

I'm real sad for your loss; somehow I'm feeling it too. But I'm real glad that he found you and lived the life of a loved dog to the end. Bless you and yours Meg.
Madison and Jack

See IggyJack's Amazing Tricks and Activities on YouTube

Read ideas and excerpts from my forthcoming book The Conceptual Dog
http://conceptualdog.blogspot.com

#5 OFFLINE   dinomom

dinomom

Stray Dog

• IGW Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name:Pam

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:01 AM

Meg: I have been reading all the messages on your dear Pneumo, and I have tried to add my thoughts - but somehow couldn't get through it - I am so glad that Dino and I did get to meet him (especially were able to witness his food "borrowing").

You gave him some wonderful and special time, you have to think of all the great times, and how you gave him the best he could have had.
Thinking of you all with sadness!!!
Pam and Dino x

#6 OFFLINE   LadyCandy

LadyCandy

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Art, Love, All Animals, Tattoos, Music, Nature, Books, Rubik's Cube, Fashion, Japan, Europe, Ipod, Veggie Burgers, Traveling, Making Jewelry, Psp, Nintendo Ds, Cute Things,Music, Ect.
  • Name:Emily

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:21 AM

Very sorry for your loss :dance_for_joy: you did everything you could and gave him good times for sure
Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   IGLV

IGLV

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Sighthounds (especially my two IG's), music, photography, Photoshop, making bows (hair bows and doggie bows), and other fun stuff :)
  • Name:Brandi

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:57 AM

I am sorry for your loss
Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   Dunn13

Dunn13

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,627 posts
  • Name:Katie

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:43 AM

I am so sorry for your loss...run free little Pneumo. :dance_for_joy:
Katie, Mobley and Kasia
Salt Lake City, UT

Posted Image Posted ImageA dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself

#9 OFFLINE   codypup

codypup

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Name:Phyllis

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:04 PM

We are so sorry for your loss.
Sandy and Phyllis
proud parents of Cody
Irvine, CA

#10 OFFLINE   b00ph3tt3

b00ph3tt3

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,699 posts
  • Interests:Reading, my husband, our new daughter: Evelyn, playing with Stevie and Bonnie, listening to music, cuddling with my husband, admiring Stevie and Bonnie, cooking and baking, and just hangin' with my family!
  • Name:Elisabeth

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:20 PM

I am so sorry for your loss... but it sounds like you made his last days special, and at least now he is no longer in pain.
Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:08 PM

Bless you for taking him in and making his last days his best days. He was loved....
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#12 OFFLINE   Lori

Lori

Guide Dog

• 3,259 posts
  • Interests:I love being outdoors with my animal gang, I camp,fish, like getting scared by horror movie but a chick flix is nice once in a while.spending time with my boys !!
  • Name:Lori

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:55 PM

:wub:
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion". ....

#13 OFFLINE   lilven

lilven

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Name:Jess

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:30 AM

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#14 OFFLINE   Kelly

Kelly

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 4,353 posts
  • Name:Kelly

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:26 AM

I'm so sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users