Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo

My little Craigs List pup gets her Forever home

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:32 AM

Today, a wonderful couple drove 2 hours south, to meet me and Steph (who brought Carlely...now to be called "Tyra") who drove up from Boca..to meet me out the Lexus dealer where I had to bring a car in for service...phew.

Tyra's new parents are wonderful. Novy, the new Mom, works from home and Marcus is a dedicated Dad. They also have 3 IGs already!! Two Boys and a younger girl who just is so excited to have a new playmate. One at a time......

Steph, Tyra and I
IMG_2174_1.jpg

Novy meets Tyra for the first time
IMG_2175_1.jpg
IMG_2176_1.jpg

Meeting the new sibs
IMG_2178_1.jpg
IMG_2179_1.jpg

Steph, Novy, Tyra and Marcus
IMG_2180_1.jpg

I had to get one in of myself
IMG_2181_1.jpg

Tyra meeting her new sibs

IMG_2183_1.jpg

Attached Images

• IMG_2182_1.jpg

Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#2 OFFLINE   LadyCandy

LadyCandy

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Art, Love, All Animals, Tattoos, Music, Nature, Books, Rubik's Cube, Fashion, Japan, Europe, Ipod, Veggie Burgers, Traveling, Making Jewelry, Psp, Nintendo Ds, Cute Things,Music, Ect.
  • Name:Emily

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:34 PM

i am so glad you found her a good home and many brothers and sisters she can play with :jump:
Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   mariellab81

mariellab81

Tail Wagger

• IGW Member
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Name:Mariella

Posted 11 July 2009 - 03:04 PM

Linda, this is great news!!! She got a great home with ig siblings!!! She will be very happy, loved and cared for like she deserves... And her sibs seem to like her already! Linda you are an angel :jump:

#4 OFFLINE   Jane

Jane

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Interests:I love to knit, sew, crochet and of course spend time with the dogs.
  • Name:Jane

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:59 PM

What a beautiful family! You should be very happy Linda.
Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:31 PM

Thanks again to Leslie, our IGCA Florida Rescue Rep, who had worked with Novy and Marcus in the past, and had just heard from them to see if they had an IG that would have the energy for their younger female. She immediately thought of this pup as being perfect for them and directed them to contact me directly for the meet up.

Tomorrow I'll call to see how the night went...then in a week to check in with them. She has sibs, a great human family, and a big fenced in back yard....looks like iggy heaven to me.
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#6 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:02 PM

Well, the first night went pretty good. Tyra spend the night in a gigantic crate with her 3 sibs...and except for a few cries of "take me to bed" she settled in and did well during the night. Her big IG sis was not to sure of the new addition...that is until she realized that she had a buddy to chase her around the yard...something her older brothers are not into. Everyone seems to be getting along just fine....as you can see...Tyra seems to be lovin her new digs.
DSC01180.jpg
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   Jackswebmonkey

Jackswebmonkey

Veteran Dog

• Premium Member
  • 1,375 posts
  • Name:Madison

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:25 PM

Wow...wonderful outcome. I could not keep up with the name changes and I'm sure she couldn't either. I'm happy that she has a forever name and a forever home. You are the best doggie-angel, Linda.
Madison and Jack

See IggyJack's Amazing Tricks and Activities on YouTube

Read ideas and excerpts from my forthcoming book The Conceptual Dog
http://conceptualdog.blogspot.com

#8 OFFLINE   Lori

Lori

Guide Dog

• 3,259 posts
  • Interests:I love being outdoors with my animal gang, I camp,fish, like getting scared by horror movie but a chick flix is nice once in a while.spending time with my boys !!
  • Name:Lori

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:01 AM

You must be so happy to be able to find a good home for her :) I love happy endings :wub:
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion". ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users