Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo

Att. Rescue in Washington

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Beachiggys

Beachiggys

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Name:regina

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:54 AM

can anyone in Washington state help these 2 out????? crossposted from craigslist/
Two Loving Italian Greyhounds - Need a good home - $50

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-kxue6-1261658250@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-07-09, 12:35PM PDT

We have two very loving Italian Greyhounds that need a good home. We have a new baby and not enough time for these sweet dogs. We would love them to go to the same home. One is 9 and the other is 4. Very loving, cuddly. Great with kids. We are not looking to make money on these pets. Just to find them a good home. We are located in Marysville, WA. Please contact us if you are interested.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Attached Images

• 3n03oe3l5ZZZZZZZZZ979027e0ec904091288.jpg

#2 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:03 AM

Ok.....so if the "mother" has a second child....will she put her first kid on Craigs List because she "doesn't have the time?"....when will these people realize that all these dogs want is to be with their people and to have the basics in life....food, shelter, and a little attention.....
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#3 OFFLINE   Lori

Lori

Guide Dog

• 3,259 posts
  • Interests:I love being outdoors with my animal gang, I camp,fish, like getting scared by horror movie but a chick flix is nice once in a while.spending time with my boys !!
  • Name:Lori

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:42 AM

And she said good with kids.....Correct me but is not a baby a kid :cupidboy: But than again I rehomed Maddie and Hippo....who am I to judge.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion". ....

#4 OFFLINE   afluke

afluke

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Name:dawn

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:29 AM

When I searched I couldn't find this - although there are 2 other individuals in the Seattle area. :cupidboy: I posted them for rescue.
Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   Jane

Jane

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Interests:I love to knit, sew, crochet and of course spend time with the dogs.
  • Name:Jane

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:32 AM

I sent this to Alice Espey, WA's rescue rep, will let you know what she finds.
Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   Jane

Jane

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Interests:I love to knit, sew, crochet and of course spend time with the dogs.
  • Name:Jane

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:36 AM

Alice replied and will try to look into these two, however, they are flat out of foster homes. She said that these ads on craigslist are at times daily and weekly happenings. Sadly rescue can only take care of so many dogs, then they reach a limit. I am guilty as the rest, I don't foster. Frankly I fear bringing in something to my own dogs, and I'll not risk their health.
Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:02 PM

And she said good with kids.....Correct me but is not a baby a kid :thumbs: But than again I rehomed Maddie and Hippo....who am I to judge.

Lori...you would have never have rehomed Hippo and Maddie if you had not have been put in the position you were put in.....in cases such as yours...you did the right thing.....the perfect home came along. Yes...there are many times when pets need to be re-homed...but I just dont' think when a baby comes along, unless it is allergic to animals....the pets should be disposable.
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#8 OFFLINE   02iglets

02iglets

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:IG's,sewing, reading, thrift shops, garage sales, computer boards/forums, and genealogy.
  • Name:Edie

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:13 PM

Sadly, this is the third or fourth CL ad this week for Iggies given up here. Alice is right when she says that the foster homes are taken up and filled up. I think there are something like 12 or 13 dogs in foster care here. We have one girl. I wish we could take more but we have 4 of our own plus 1 big Grey and 2 Chihuahuas. I wish there were more foster homes. I wish that people would think before they purchase that cute puppy which should be a life committment but then things happen and end up on CL like these 2 did. Sad part that for that amount of $$ they probably will be "sold" to people who have no clue about IG's or even want to learn, so guess what, they just might end up back on CL. Hopefully someone who sees the ad and knows about IGs will get them. One can only hope.
~Edie
IGCA Rescue Rep
from Olympia, Washington

Mom to Mickey and Maddie

#9 OFFLINE   LoganMango

LoganMango

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:Teaching, 5 IG rescues.
  • Name:Michelle

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:35 PM

Edie--

Any update on these two IG's.

Maybe, she can keep them (the owner) until someone in rescue knows who wants some IG's. I know they can't go into rescue, but maybe someone wants 2 IG's. Just a thought. I know how busy Alice is though. She works really hard! Go Alice!

Sadly, this is the third or fourth CL ad this week for Iggies given up here. Alice is right when she says that the foster homes are taken up and filled up. I think there are something like 12 or 13 dogs in foster care here. We have one girl. I wish we could take more but we have 4 of our own plus 1 big Grey and 2 Chihuahuas. I wish there were more foster homes. I wish that people would think before they purchase that cute puppy which should be a life committment but then things happen and end up on CL like these 2 did. Sad part that for that amount of $$ they probably will be "sold" to people who have no clue about IG's or even want to learn, so guess what, they just might end up back on CL. Hopefully someone who sees the ad and knows about IGs will get them. One can only hope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users