Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo

LOST GREYHOUND in Cleveland, OH

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   littlesyd85

littlesyd85

Cat Chaser

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:My puppies, my kitties, and the Greyhound Adoption of Ohio. That is my life in a nutshell... Oh and work, I'm an interior designer at an architectural firm.
  • Name:Sydney

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:40 PM

There is a standard greyhound lost in Richmond Heights, OH... I know it isn't an IG, but it is a cousin. And for someone who owns both an IG and a Greyhound I would hope for your animal loving support! Here is the email I received a few hours ago.

TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP! PLEASE HELP US LOOK (IF YOU'RE NEARBY), PUT UP POSTERS, FORWAED THIS EMAIL, etc!

Primo, a very shy and frightened greyhound has been lost, since this afternoon, in Richmond Heights, near Cuyahoga County Airport. If you live in the area and can come out to help, please call Susan. I was there, but just came home to send this email and to make flyers.

Primo is a brindle male with a yellow collar. It is believe he was last seen at Aberdeen apartments/assisted living, in Richmond Heights/Highland Heights, about 6PM, this evening. Susan and Mike Anderson are there, now. If you can help, this evening, please call Susan at 216-256-7544. She is in the area, now. If you can help another way or another time, please write me, here, or call my cell at 440-591-0905.

PLEASE HELP US FIND PRIMO! He was just adopted on Thursday. I'm sure he is VERY frightened!!!

Linda Perko
Greyhound Adoption of Ohio, Inc.

"Adopting just one greyhound won't change the world, but the world will certainly change for that one greyhound".

Please help if you can! Re-post and email please! Below is a photo of Primo.
Posted Image
-- Sydney --

Posted Image

Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth!

#2 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:15 AM

Prayers that Primo will be returned safely home. Maybe bringing another greyhound out would help attract him.
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#3 OFFLINE   littlesyd85

littlesyd85

Cat Chaser

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:My puppies, my kitties, and the Greyhound Adoption of Ohio. That is my life in a nutshell... Oh and work, I'm an interior designer at an architectural firm.
  • Name:Sydney

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:46 AM

PRIMO IS SAFE! Below is an email I received a few minutes ago...

Hi Everyone!

Just a brief note to say Primo is safe and sound, back at the kennel. He had somehow gotten into the compound of the Cuyahoga County Airport. This morning, as I was walking on a nearby street, calling his name, an air control person came out of the tower, at the airport, and called down to ask me if I was looking for a dog. Primo had been spotted, numerous times, running in the airport. We were so lucky because animals (such as deer) are often killed, in order to prevent a tragedy, when they cross runways. The county employees picked me up, opened the gate and drove me around the entire airport, multiple times. Primo was hiding in the bushes, terrified. WE ARE SO HAPPY TO HAVE HIM BACK!!!

To everyone who came or volunteered to come to help look for him, WE THANK YOU! You are a wonderful group!!

Linda Perko
Greyhound Adoption of Ohio, Inc.

"Adopting just one greyhound won't change the world, but the world will certainly change for that one greyhound".

-- Sydney --

Posted Image

Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth!

#4 OFFLINE   Jane

Jane

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Interests:I love to knit, sew, crochet and of course spend time with the dogs.
  • Name:Jane

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:08 PM

Yea! Glad he's home!
Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   02iglets

02iglets

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:IG's,sewing, reading, thrift shops, garage sales, computer boards/forums, and genealogy.
  • Name:Edie

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:16 PM

As an owner of a regular Greyhound, I know how scared they can get. So glad that Primo was located safe and sound. :wub:
~Edie
IGCA Rescue Rep
from Olympia, Washington

Mom to Mickey and Maddie

#6 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:56 PM

Great News!!!!! :wub:
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users