Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Small Prayer for The Nameless

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Vicky

Vicky

Veteran Dog

• 1,369 posts
  • Name:Vicky

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:24 AM

2 ig's were pulled from ac in Florida. They were mill drop offs. both tested positive for brucellosis and they were tested twice. These boys were euthanized yesterday before they ever had a moment of love. One was a youngster, the other had done his stud duty. This is what I hate about what we in rescue have to do. Brucellosis is severely contageous, expensive to treat and many a fine breeder has lost heir entire breeding program to this. It's a common reason why mill dogs are dumped. The disease can render them sterile and, no babies...no use for the dog.

Please say a silent prayer for these nameless pups.

Vicky

#2 OFFLINE   Jane

Jane

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Interests:I love to knit, sew, crochet and of course spend time with the dogs.
  • Name:Jane

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:37 AM

incredibly sad. rest in peace babies.
Posted Image

#3 IGW Guest: "Guido"

IGW Guest: "Guido"
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:40 AM

Very sad. .RIP

#4 OFFLINE   lilven

lilven

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Name:Jess

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:28 AM

Absolutely horrible. Poor boys, run free.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 OFFLINE   Lori

Lori

Guide Dog

• 3,259 posts
  • Interests:I love being outdoors with my animal gang, I camp,fish, like getting scared by horror movie but a chick flix is nice once in a while.spending time with my boys !!
  • Name:Lori

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:22 AM

:( This just made me pick up and give my boys a big hug. SO SO SORRY.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion". ....

#6 IGW Guest: "AlohaIGs"

IGW Guest: "AlohaIGs"
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:57 AM

How awful :(

#7 OFFLINE   afluke

afluke

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Name:dawn

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:49 PM

That's so sad. :( But I'm confused, why were the dogs euthanized? From what I read about brucellosis, it causes the dog to become sterile. They wouldn't be adopted out to breed anyway. I seem to be misunderstanding something about the disease.
Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   LadyCandy

LadyCandy

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Art, Love, All Animals, Tattoos, Music, Nature, Books, Rubik's Cube, Fashion, Japan, Europe, Ipod, Veggie Burgers, Traveling, Making Jewelry, Psp, Nintendo Ds, Cute Things,Music, Ect.
  • Name:Emily

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:49 PM

So Sad!!! =(
Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   Vicky

Vicky

Veteran Dog

• 1,369 posts
  • Name:Vicky

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:57 AM

Brucellosis is highly contageous..it can be picked up by just sniffing where the carrier dog peed. Every dog who came in contact with that dog could easily contact the disease and every dog that one came in contact with that one, ditto! Exponentially spread. Think Typhiod Mary! It must be diagnosed ($) treated ($$$) and possibly never leave the carrier. Multiply that by the numer of dogs many of us in rescue foster as well as the # of our own dogs. It can cause much more than bitches being unable to carry to term. It is becoming more and more common and as of yet no vaccine to protect against I believe. Not a nice disease and not a fair thing to ask that volunteers put their own as well as their fosters at risk.

Many a fine hobby breeder/exhibitor has had their entire breeding program wiped out...years and years of work and wonderful otherwise very healthy dogs that keep the breed from being nothing but geneticly compromised puppymill spawns, gone!

Not the dogs fault but the reality of this disease and full recommendation of the vet as well as no place for these guys to live out an isolated life is why they had to be euthanized. It's not pretty.

Vicky

#10 OFFLINE   afluke

afluke

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Name:dawn

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:16 AM

Brucellosis is highly contageous..it can be picked up by just sniffing where the carrier dog peed. Every dog who came in contact with that dog could easily contact the disease and every dog that one came in contact with that one, ditto! Exponentially spread. Think Typhiod Mary! It must be diagnosed ($) treated ($$$) and possibly never leave the carrier. Multiply that by the numer of dogs many of us in rescue foster as well as the # of our own dogs. It can cause much more than bitches being unable to carry to term. It is becoming more and more common and as of yet no vaccine to protect against I believe. Not a nice disease and not a fair thing to ask that volunteers put their own as well as their fosters at risk.

Many a fine hobby breeder/exhibitor has had their entire breeding program wiped out...years and years of work and wonderful otherwise very healthy dogs that keep the breed from being nothing but geneticly compromised puppymill spawns, gone!

Not the dogs fault but the reality of this disease and full recommendation of the vet as well as no place for these guys to live out an isolated life is why they had to be euthanized. It's not pretty.

Vicky

Thank you for explaining. The information I found only stated that it was passed through breeding. Sounds rather scary that it's becoming so common and they have not found a vaccine yet.
Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:37 PM

How very sad, Vicky...run free little ones....time to rest
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#12 OFFLINE   codypup

codypup

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Name:Phyllis

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:12 AM

Run free little ones.
Sandy and Phyllis
proud parents of Cody
Irvine, CA

#13 OFFLINE   Dunn13

Dunn13

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,627 posts
  • Name:Katie

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:44 AM

So sad :wub:. Run free little ones...
Katie, Mobley and Kasia
Salt Lake City, UT

Posted Image Posted ImageA dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself

#14 OFFLINE   Vinciesmom

Vinciesmom

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:My IG Vince, my Grandiggy Sambuca, my grandson EJ (Eric Jr)........
  • Name:Sandy

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:21 AM

So very sad...:thumbsyes:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users