Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Shelby forever in our hearts

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Trena

Trena

Pack Member

• Premium Member
  • 561 posts
  • Name:Trena

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:58 PM

Even several weeks later, I can hardly write this memorial. This isn't really a heading that I ever wanted to have a reason to post under. I've had a busy spring and have not been on the sight much as of late. I have a senior gradulating from High School and all the various events and activities are upon me even as I try to write this.

Shelby and her sister Sadie were our first IG's. We got them from a breeder and they became the very heart of our family from the beginning. Six months later we added our boy, Enzo to the family and everything seemed so complete. The three went everywhere together and were best of friends, especially Sadie and Shelby who had never spent a day apart from one another. My husband often called the two girls "book ends". Shelby was the keeper of Sadie, she protected and looked out for the smaller Sadie.

On April 24th, we lost Shelby in a very sudden and sad accident. I cry to think of it even now. Oddly, the whole family was there and we all rushed to Shelby (I tried to shield my 8 year old son, who Shelby was always his "favorite"). I held my sweet girl as she took her last breath. My husband and I both cried together openly as we laid her to rest.

Sadie and Enzo immediately went into distress. It's been a long road back to normal for both of them, they are lost without their best friend Shelby. We will forever remember her and love her dearly. It's hard to pick a couple of pictures to properly remember Shelby by but here are a couple.

Attached Files

Trena
Mom to Sadie, Summer & Enzo
Forever in our hearts, Shelby (1/30/08 - 4/24/09)
Marietta, GA
IG Rescue Volunteer

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." ~Josh Billings

Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:06 PM

Oh Trena....I'm so very sorry for your loss. This is just awful news. Your Shelby will live in your heart forever. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.Attached File  flowers1.gif   1.43KB   0 downloads We will all see our beloved pets who have passed...they wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge.Attached File  igbridge.gif   2.78KB   0 downloads
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#3 OFFLINE   IGLV

IGLV

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Sighthounds (especially my two IG's), music, photography, Photoshop, making bows (hair bows and doggie bows), and other fun stuff :)
  • Name:Brandi

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:27 PM

:dance_for_joy: :( :wub:
Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   Kelly

Kelly

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 4,353 posts
  • Name:Kelly

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:15 PM

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry to hear this. :(

#5 OFFLINE   Monica

Monica

Cat Chaser

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:21 PM

Oh my :( I'm sorry for your loss of little shelby. My condolences to you and your entire family
Proud mama to Luke:)Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   Jane

Jane

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Interests:I love to knit, sew, crochet and of course spend time with the dogs.
  • Name:Jane

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:38 AM

All our love for your family's healing Trena, as well as for Enzo and Sadie. Hold dear the memories.
Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   Lori

Lori

Guide Dog

• 3,259 posts
  • Interests:I love being outdoors with my animal gang, I camp,fish, like getting scared by horror movie but a chick flix is nice once in a while.spending time with my boys !!
  • Name:Lori

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:42 AM

I am so sorry for your loss :( your heart must be breaking.....My love and prayers for you and your family.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion". ....

#8 IGW Guest: "AlohaIGs"

IGW Guest: "AlohaIGs"
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:56 AM

So sorry for your loss :( Run free, Shelby!

#9 OFFLINE   remarvin

remarvin

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,501 posts
  • Name:Kate

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:44 PM

My condolences to you and your family. I know Shelby was loved very much and enjoyed her life with you. Take care Trena.
Kate and Dave and two little rascals...

Jack Posted Image and Mouse Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   Louiesmom

Louiesmom

Pack Member

• Premium Member
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Italian greyhounds, hiking, movies or good tv
  • Name:Beth

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:47 AM

I'm so very sorry. Shelby will always be with you and you will meet again at the rainbow bridge.

Beth
Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   Dunn13

Dunn13

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,627 posts
  • Name:Katie

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:49 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. :wub: I am sure Shelby will always be a part of your family and in your hearts. :dance_for_joy:
Katie, Mobley and Kasia
Salt Lake City, UT

Posted Image Posted ImageA dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself

#12 OFFLINE   Biggrins

Biggrins

Veteran Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • Interests:Photography, computers, doggies
  • Name:Wendy

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:12 PM

I'm Sorry for your Loss Trena! :LMAO:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 OFFLINE   mariellab81

mariellab81

Tail Wagger

• IGW Member
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Name:Mariella

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:23 PM

My heart is with you and your family Trena. :LMAO: I know what it is to say good bye to a loved pet... She is now resting in peace in doggy heaven..

#14 OFFLINE   tinyfeetzfl

tinyfeetzfl

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,068 posts
  • Name:Renee

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:50 AM

What a beautiful girl she was.. I am so sorry. They are never with us long enough, but somehow manage to leave their sweet footprints
in our heart. :o
Renee
Renee
Posted ImageIG Gili 10.25.06 (aka Tweety-Lou)

Posted Image

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us." ~Robert Louis Stevenson

#15 OFFLINE   NeenandZeet

NeenandZeet

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,934 posts
  • Interests:I like nature, the outdoors, animals, and take'in photographs. I love music and dance'in. I like to garden and enjoy take'in walks with my IG's! That's all I could really think of for now!
  • Name:Jaime

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:22 PM

What a beautiful girl she was.. I am so sorry. They are never with us long enough, but somehow manage to leave their sweet footprints
in our heart. :(
Renee

Oh Trena. I had a tear in my eye when her lil picture popped up and i didnt even know the little darling. my heart goes out 2 u. I know what its like!!!!!

easterigwhisperssig_zps3694933e.jpg

#16 OFFLINE   SoCalIggies4

SoCalIggies4

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts
  • Name:Angelica

Posted 23 June 2009 - 05:06 AM

I wasn't really online when this happened, and I was so sad to come across this post as I try to catch up.

Trena, I am s sorry to hear of your loss. I can't imagine what you are going through. Know that our thoughts go out to you. She was a beautiful girl. I remember hearing stories and seeing pics of her. She was truly a beautiful girl.
Greetings from Antonio, Alyssa, Alex & Adam

Visit Antonio's Page!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users