Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

2 stray IGs at our human society

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 IGW Guest: "sandy gudaitis"

IGW Guest: "sandy gudaitis"
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:41 PM

http://www.animalhum.../adoption?t=dog

on page 2

if anyone recognizes them. call.

#2 OFFLINE   Jane

Jane

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Interests:I love to knit, sew, crochet and of course spend time with the dogs.
  • Name:Jane

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:50 AM

http://www.animalhum.../adoption?t=dog

on page 2

if anyone recognizes them. call.

Am I correct that this is in Minnesota? I can let the rescue rep from there know, in case someone is missing one of these dogs.

**Edit: I've sent your link to three MN rescue people. Thanks, and hope they either are found by their owner soon, or go to a good home. I know you are in business to save dogs, then rehome them for a fee to cover expenses. Please though, try to find a home that knows the quirks of Italian Greyhounds. Hard to housebreak, high energy, doesn't like being left alone are a few. Maybe you would be willing to work with IGCA rescue in rehoming them to a stable place. I believe the group in MN is Lifeline, independent from IGCA, but nonprofit too, and they take great pains to prepare dogs for new homes, including dentals or any needed surgeries, etc. Thank you so much for taking time to find an IG group and posting here.
Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   Jane

Jane

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Interests:I love to knit, sew, crochet and of course spend time with the dogs.
  • Name:Jane

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:16 AM

Amber, a MN rescue volunteer, has now got this message, and is checking into these dogs. She is with Lifeline Rescue.
Posted Image

#4 IGW Guest: "Wompum"

IGW Guest: "Wompum"
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:46 PM

I am a volunteer with Lifeline and we do not recognize these dogs unfortunately.

The Humane Society in Minnesota does not place many IG's with rescue unfortunately. Unless the dog is terrified and "unadoptable", they choose to rehome them by themselves. They know that Lifeline is available as an option though as we have worked with them many times in the past. Thanks for your concern.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users