Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Missing IG- "Chloe"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 IGW Guest: "Guido"

IGW Guest: "Guido"
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:36 AM

Permission to cross post by owner

On Tuesday April 7, 2009 we discovered that our 1 year old dog “Chloe” (an Italian greyhound) was missing from our enclosed backyard in the Burbank foothills. After reviewing a videotape at our residence we determined that the dog jumped over the wall as it was frightened by an intruder entering our backyard. We later discovered that it was either an employee or agent of charter communications who jumped over a six foot high wall into my backyard without any prior notice or approval. This reckless act frightened the dog and caused Chloe to jump over the wall and run away.
Our family and friends have been helping us search diligently 15hrs a day for the past 5 days and have placed flyers in the Burbank and Glendale foothill areas where the dog has been reported seen by various people. We are heartbroken and emotionally distressed and have not slept or eaten for days. Our poor dog is extremely thin and delicate and since the dog is on a special type of medication she will not last another day, if not found. Please help us locate our dog due to this mishap. We have offered a $5,000.00 Reward.
Please run this story as soon as possible otherwise the chances of survival are extremely slim. Please help us and Chloe, we are desperate. We attached a few photos. People can contact us at 818 669 0410, 310 989 3660 or 818 606 4300 with any information. Thank you for help. We have also attached the lost dog flyers we've been posting in the area. We have already called the local animal shelters as well and notified them about Chloe.
Sincerely,

Michael Gerro & Gabriela Chavira

Attached Images

• clip_image002.jpg

#2 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:55 AM

I only hope Chloe is found safe and sound....she jumped over a 6 foot wall?
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#3 IGW Guest: "Guido"

• Guests

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:57 AM

Either that or the cable guy took her.. . . We have some real nuts here. One time Guido got loose and the guy tried to hold him hostage until I paid ransom... :) With a 5k reward; I would hope people return her safely. . but it has been so long.. . .

Edited by Guido, 17 April 2009 - 07:58 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   w8untildrk

w8untildrk

Stray Dog

• IGW Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Name:Beth

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:23 AM

I hope that Chloe is returned safely and soon!

Beth

#5 OFFLINE   afluke

afluke

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Name:dawn

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:21 PM

I hope she's found soon, such a sweet little face. Hopefully the guy who entered the yard will think twice next time, he's lucky it wasn't a different yard . . . with a bigger dog.
Posted Image

#6 IGW Guest: "Guido"

• Guests

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:57 PM

Just received this reply when I asked for an update. . .

Hi, not yet, the only lead we have is that we caught someone who lives nearby taking down flyers, which was very strange. we pulled a permit for the flyers, so we knew that it wasn't burbank taking them down. I found a few crumpled up down the street from our house. So we waited and looked on the cameras that we have at our home and so we caught this man, we had the police ask him why he had been removing the flyers. he said he only took one and it was because he wanted to confirm with his wife that this was the dog that she was looking for as well. Yet the flyer was still in his car. I actually spoke with his wife the first day Chloe went missing because she was outside on her porch and we gave her a flyer, so there really would be no need for him to take down a flyer 11 days later to show his wife, early on saturday morning. The crumpled flyers that I found were actually found on this mans driving route to his house. These people are very strange they have like 20 dogs, pigs, and birds at there house in burbank, not a farm or anything just a regular home. Anyway, that's all we have so far, he said that they don't have the dog they were just trying to help out. but I'm not ruling anything out at this point so we're going to follow up a little with this situation.

#7 OFFLINE   Jane

Jane

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Interests:I love to knit, sew, crochet and of course spend time with the dogs.
  • Name:Jane

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:09 PM

Thanks Joe for checking, I will update on that topic elsewhere, minus the suspicious man part. I hope she knows we all keep Chloe in our thoughts as much as possible, right along with Toby.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users