Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo

Update on Foster Bayleigh

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   02iglets

02iglets

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:IG's,sewing, reading, thrift shops, garage sales, computer boards/forums, and genealogy.
  • Name:Edie

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:36 PM

Bayleigh had her vet visit today. Needing to be spayed and needing shots are the least of it. Her mouth is so bad. I could cry, but first if I ever find what puppy mill she was pulled out of I will do whatever it takes to shut them down! If Bayleigh is an example of what they still have, heaven help the others still there.

Poor Bayleigh has a rotted mouth. Her lower jaw is almost gone due to a murky mess of abcesses. Only one tooth, a molar way on the lower right side. Her upper jaw is iffy. She has her 2 canines that are rotten at the gumline and are ready to fall out. She also has one molar on the right side, opposite of the upper one. The only bright point. She is due to go in this Wednesday for her spay and mouth problems. The upper 2 canines will come out and they are hoping that her jaw does not break in the process. They hope to save the 2 molars to just give her a little something, but will remove if bad once they get close enough for inspection. Thankfully she will have one of the best dental vets in the state doing this in addition to the vet who will be doing her spay. They also plan on inspecting her nasal cavities as she breathes weird and she felt that there is fluid in there so might be infected. She also has some small mammary gland bumps which might be benign or they might be malignant. This will be biopsed after she has recovered from the other 2 procedures or it may be done Wednesday. She also has muscle mass loss from being caged for so long. She also was dehydrated and received a bolus of fluid today to boost her for surgery. I thought she was since I picked her up Thursday but have been unable to catch her drinking water and I don't think she really has much. PLUS she has whip worms. Not a surprise. So she is started on Panacur, but have to really clean up after her outside because of the others.

One major thing that might mean not getting all this done is that they drew blood not only for heartworm but also for kidney and liver function. If she is in kidney failure then none of this will happen and the kindest thing will be to let her be at peace. Please keep her in your prayers for a good test result tomorrow so that she can go in Wednesday and start to begin a new life.
~Edie
IGCA Rescue Rep
from Olympia, Washington

Mom to Mickey and Maddie

#2 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:49 PM

that's awful, Edie...poor Bayleigh. I hope her labs come back ok..keep us updated. Her mouth must cause her a lot of pain, poor baby.
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#3 IGW Guest: "Ilovemyiggys"

IGW Guest: "Ilovemyiggys"
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:02 PM

I will keep her in my prayers.Thanks for getting her the care she needs, that's amazing of you!

#4 OFFLINE   susieq60

susieq60

Stray Dog

• IGW Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Travel, which I would like to do! My Iggies, Princess and Daisy. My family, 2 sons and my husband.
  • Name:Susan

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:28 PM

Edie, how is Bayleigh doing?

Thank you for helping her out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users