Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo

Meet Bayleigh, former puppy mill brood mama

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   02iglets

02iglets

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:IG's,sewing, reading, thrift shops, garage sales, computer boards/forums, and genealogy.
  • Name:Edie

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

Here is Bayleigh, pulled from our local shelter yesterday. We were told she is about 6 years old and does look pretty good weight wise at 12.6 lbs. Story is vague but some woman said she got her from a puppy mill (shelter said she has had multiple litters) about 3-4 months ago and just "doesn't have time for her issues". Hmmm. Seems like housetraining was the main one. 3-4 months is not near long enough to work with this special needs little one. She also is not spayed, has dental problems, bad lower jaw (vet tech at shelter seems to think her jaw was broke), no vaccinations, and other little things like nails, but all in all she is a sweet dog, sad eyes, doesn't know what stuffies are, clings to our big Grey but likes the other IGs also. She does need human contact and we are making sure she gets that with lap sitting, cuddling, etc but we don't want to overwhelm her either so doing it in small increments. She goes to the vet on Monday for a complete check and to start her vet work. I know there is someone out there that will love to give this little lady a wonderful loving home she deserves.The photo was taken at the shelter by their people.

[attachment=5960:Peanut__foster_IG.JPG]
~Edie
IGCA Rescue Rep
from Olympia, Washington

Mom to Mickey and Maddie

#2 IGW Guest: "Ilovemyiggys"

IGW Guest: "Ilovemyiggys"
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:50 PM

Oh, what a sweet girl. This makes me heart hurt, I feel so sad.

#3 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:51 AM

She looks like she is a very sweet girl. Finally, a new start to a better life.
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users