Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo

Phantasia Sighted

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Vicky

Vicky

Veteran Dog

• 1,369 posts
  • Name:Vicky

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:57 AM

The Engmans and I will go to Boca shortly and set a trap behind the restaurant at which she was sighted. A GPA person and fellow iggiateer will monitor the trap for us as she lives a mile away.

Please cross paws that Phantasia falls for our "comfy trap". She needs to come home. The actual owner unfortunately has not responded to this new situation so we are proceeding in the best interest of the pup.

Vicky

#2 OFFLINE   Jane

Jane

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Interests:I love to knit, sew, crochet and of course spend time with the dogs.
  • Name:Jane

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:28 AM

all our prayers for her capture, and rasberries to the original owner!
Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   RudysMom

RudysMom

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Interests:Rudy :), Gator Football!!, Saltwater aquariums, snorkeling, reading, watching TV (Grey's Anatomy is my fav!), geckos, animal rescue, animals in general... my eBay side business.... learning how to cook & clean house LOL
  • Name:Shelby

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:31 PM

I hope she takes the "bait". I was just thinking about her yesterday - there is a poster up for her at my vets officein Boca and I wondered what happened with her.

Fingers crossed.
Shelby & Rudy the Brown Dog
Boca Raton, FL

#4 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:00 PM

I used a mix of sardines, hot dogs and Little Caesar dog food when I caught "Laya". I trailed hot dogs out the cage. I also completely covered the bottom of the trap, including the step plate as my dogs were nervous about stepping on a metal grate. Then I wire tied towels on the top and side to make it cave like. I put a laminated sign on it saying to not remove the trap as it was being used to trap a dog. I also put my name and contact #'s on it too.

I sure hope she is caught soon. I can't even imagine what condition she is in.
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#5 OFFLINE   Vicky

Vicky

Veteran Dog

• 1,369 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:39 AM

No activity at the trap last night..we have changed out the food and continue to hope for he best.

Vicky

Edited by Vicky, 26 February 2009 - 07:40 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:54 PM

Here is a picture of my trap...only I completely covered the bottom of the cage so the dog would not hesitate to step in because of the metal...my dogs would only go in with the towel covering the bottom in a test. I might even cover the sides too if the cage were out in the open.
IMG_1142.jpg

Remember..I put mine in between a sandwich board so it would make the dog feel more secure going in.
IMG_1147.jpg
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#7 OFFLINE   Vicky

Vicky

Veteran Dog

• 1,369 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:35 PM

Linda

Our trap is covered and has a small tiger stripe donut bed covering the floor. It smells of Eau D'Bini... a fine ig fragrance.
It's in a nook under a seagrape beside a wood fence...cozy.

V

#8 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:34 PM

Linda

Our trap is covered and has a small tiger stripe donut bed covering the floor. It smells of Eau D'Bini... a fine ig fragrance.
It's in a nook under a seagrape beside a wood fence...cozy.

V

That's perfect...how could she resist food AND a bed with Bini's smell on it.....how I hope I wake up and she is caught. That is so wonderful that so many have not given up on her.
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users