Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Pedro, a Tator Tot

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   StifflersMom

StifflersMom

Tail Wagger

• IGW Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Name:Leslie

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:17 PM

I haven't posted the situation about sweet Pedro, one of our Tots. He came into rescue 12/27/08 from our local pound with his mom Lafawnduh and brother Kip. All had a mild case of kennel cough but Pedro's just wouldn't stop. My vet gave me the shocker news that she was going to test him for distemper and yes, he had it.

He lived until today, when the seizures started and took him so cruelly from me and his foster mom, Jackea. I am still stunned that he's gone, and have gotten all my dogs boosters for this horrible disease. He looked like he had aged to a senior, and he was only 10 months old. His beautiful body was laid to rest next to my beloved Ana, she will keep him safe.

I know there are mixed feelings about vaccinations, but I took the chance on vaccinating my precious seniors to avoid this terrible end.

Here's my little angel man in seemingly healthier days.

Attached Files

#2 OFFLINE   Jane

Jane

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Interests:I love to knit, sew, crochet and of course spend time with the dogs.
  • Name:Jane

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:17 PM

Leslie, I'm so so sorry. It has to be terribly difficult, even with the short time you knew him. Peace to you Pedro!
Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   igandwhippetlover

igandwhippetlover

Veteran Dog

• Premium Member
  • 1,246 posts
  • Name:Marsha

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:20 PM

I will miss Pedro. He was such a loving, sweet and happy boy. You are in great hands with Ana. Both of you run free and happy at the bridge. My heart goes out to Leslie and Jackea.
Posted Image Posted Image

Rocket Angel Italian Greyhound Rescue, East Coast Florida Rep.
http://www.ilovemyjammies.com

#4 IGW Guest: "michelle87"

IGW Guest: "michelle87"
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

He looks so peaceful and calm in that picture. I'm sure he was very thankful and happy in his last days with you. He was definitely blessed.

#5 OFFLINE   02iglets

02iglets

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:IG's,sewing, reading, thrift shops, garage sales, computer boards/forums, and genealogy.
  • Name:Edie

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:28 PM

So sorry to hear this about Pedro but I know that handsome young boy lived in loving care in his last days.
~Edie
IGCA Rescue Rep
from Olympia, Washington

Mom to Mickey and Maddie

#6 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:40 PM

I am so sorry, Leslie. You worked so hard to get him better. No one had any idea until last week what was draining the poor baby of his health. He was a beautiful boy and he and his Mom and brother were so lucky to find their way to you. At least he was in a loving home and was cared for in the end. This is the saddest part of Rescue. :Rose:
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#7 OFFLINE   Divasmom

Divasmom

Pack Member

• Premium Member
  • 594 posts
  • Interests:family, Diva, friends, reading, gardening, scuba diving, quilting, dollmaking, ballroom dancing, sewing, various other crafts, taking Diva to visit nursing homes and schools, traveling,
  • Name:Billie

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:42 PM

I am so sorry for the loss of little Pedro.
Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   remarvin

remarvin

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,501 posts
  • Name:Kate

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:21 AM

I am sorry to hear that little Pedro was so sick. I am sure you did everything you could to help him and to make him feel comfortable and loved. I am sure he will always remember you as the person who saved him from the cold, scarey pound. Bless all of you who do rescue - you do so much for so many, but I know it's always the ones you couldn't save that stay stuck in your memory. Sending you lots of hugs and iggy kisses.
Kate and Dave and two little rascals...

Jack Posted Image and Mouse Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   Gwen

Gwen

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,314 posts
  • Interests:Art, reading, animals. Especially my dear doggies.
  • Name:Gwen

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:28 AM

Poor little guy. Thank you for caring for him. What a lousy disease.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Boo Boo, Pixel and Georgie

#10 IGW Guest: "Guido"

IGW Guest: "Guido"
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:09 PM

Rest peacefully Pedro. .

#11 OFFLINE   Lori

Lori

Guide Dog

• 3,259 posts
  • Interests:I love being outdoors with my animal gang, I camp,fish, like getting scared by horror movie but a chick flix is nice once in a while.spending time with my boys !!
  • Name:Lori

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:03 PM

:Rose:
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion". ....

#12 OFFLINE   iggielover

iggielover

Guide Dog

• Validating Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my IG daughter Gracie and when she will let me reading anything from Lynn Kurland and Melissa Mayhue. Camping & walking with Miss Grace. Playing SIMS, Nintendo DS games and connecting with other IG friends on FB, IGW and at Playdates. Going to Renaissance Fairs. Cooking and baking.
  • Name:Gerri

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:23 PM

:Rose: So sorry for the loss of Pedro, mainly when it could have been prevented with a shot. I know how others feel also but hearing this just brings it to light again. Thank-you for your work in rescue bacause of you and others like you so many get saved.

Gerri & Izzabellauser_371_e916.gifCanonsburg, PA 

d025d10d-ca40-43b9-aad9-dd76acda36e4_zps

Izzie - 9/17/2012; Izzabella  Koklich
Gracie - 5/20/2004 - 12/30/2013, Grace Kellie Koklich  beatingheart.gif 

#13 OFFLINE   blueviolet

blueviolet

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Name:adrienne

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:05 PM

that is terrible - so sorry.

blueviolet
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 OFFLINE   Dunn13

Dunn13

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,627 posts
  • Name:Katie

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:22 AM

I am so sorry for your loss Leslie. :P
Katie, Mobley and Kasia
Salt Lake City, UT

Posted Image Posted ImageA dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself

#15 OFFLINE   RudysMom

RudysMom

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Interests:Rudy :), Gator Football!!, Saltwater aquariums, snorkeling, reading, watching TV (Grey's Anatomy is my fav!), geckos, animal rescue, animals in general... my eBay side business.... learning how to cook & clean house LOL
  • Name:Shelby

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:48 PM

Oh Leslie,

Poor Pedro. I'm so sorry. You did everything you could. He was lucky to have made his way to you.

Run free Pedro...

Hugs Leslie... to you and his Momma and brother... and to Jackea. :LOL:
Shelby & Rudy the Brown Dog
Boca Raton, FL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users