Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo

Monkey Update

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FaeryLaedie

FaeryLaedie

Tail Wagger

• IGW Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Name:Kelly

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:38 PM

At this time, I am placing Monkey on a Medical Hold and will not be taking any further applications for him. He has a cyst on his leg that needs to be removed and we have surgery booked for Monday. He also had a thyroid screening done and the results were low/normal which means that he is fine but will require yearly screening to monitor it. What lead me to get his thyroid tested was a thinning of his hair and I wanted to ensure that it wasn't anything serious.

I have been speaking to a couple who are interested in Monkey but have let them know that we will have to wait until after he has surgery to book a time to do the home visit. In light of the new information with regard to his health, I am uncertain if they will still be interested in adopting him.

I am having a full blood panel done on Monday to ( hopefully ) provide a normal range for future reference and to also ensure that he doesn't have anything else going on that I should be aware of. I'm not overly concerned but it's best to err on the side of caution.
Kelly S Thompson
Founder, Faerie Tail IG/Whippet Rehabilitation & Rehoming
Because they all deserve a happy ending.
http://iggywhippetre...g.blogspot.com/

#2 IGW Guest: "AlohaIGs"

IGW Guest: "AlohaIGs"
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:44 PM

Sending good thoughts for you guys! Hopefully the surgery will go on without a hitch.

#3 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:39 PM

Monday...keep us updated on Monkey's surgery and pathology. Sending good thoughts his way. I bet when he meets any prospective family..they will love him.
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#4 OFFLINE   Trena

Trena

Pack Member

• Premium Member
  • 561 posts
  • Name:Trena

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:44 PM

Hope all goes well and Monkey gets a forever home soon.
Trena
Mom to Sadie, Summer & Enzo
Forever in our hearts, Shelby (1/30/08 - 4/24/09)
Marietta, GA
IG Rescue Volunteer

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." ~Josh Billings

Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   cyc1948

cyc1948

Veteran Dog

• Validating Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Name:Yvonne

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:09 PM

Sending good wishes for a speedy recovery and a safe surgery.
Yvonne, Jazzie & Georgie's Mom
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users