Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Sweet Sophie

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jane

Jane

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Interests:I love to knit, sew, crochet and of course spend time with the dogs.
  • Name:Jane

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:54 AM

Today would have been my little girl's 7th birthday. Sophie was a quiet, attentive, perfect little dog. She thrived on being held, and thunder was her only enemy. Sophie didn't care for toys, but let Simon get on our lap, and she would run to get one, and vigorously shake it in front of him so he'd get down. Her favorite thing to do in the whole world was to lay on the swing.

Sophie loved dining on rabbit poop and rolling in worms, but chasing Simon at a hundred miles an hour brought her great joy. This was the only time she barked, chasing him until he laid down, then she stood over him barking. I truly think if we hadn't got him, she never would have barked.

A deep sense of calm has been having her ashes with us, and like anyone who has lost a beloved pet, she will always be right there in our heart.

Happy Birthday sweetie.

Attached Files

Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:44 AM

I know how hard this post was for you, Jane. Today will always be a day to remember Sophie and all the joy she brought into your life. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Jeff today. Happy Birthday Sweet Sophie

Attached File  flowers1.gif   1.43KB   0 downloads
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#3 OFFLINE   remarvin

remarvin

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,501 posts
  • Name:Kate

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:50 AM

That is a lovely rememberance Jane. Today is a good day to remember all of the great times you and Sohpie had together. Thank you for sharing Sophie with us, she was a very special little girl. :wub:
Kate and Dave and two little rascals...

Jack Posted Image and Mouse Posted Image

#4 IGW Guest: "Guido"

IGW Guest: "Guido"
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:02 AM

I know this was difficult to post Jane, so be kind to yourself and Simon today! Sending you and your family lots of warm thoughts.

I am sure Sophie found a beautiful spot at the bridge loaded with rabbit poop and with a swing where she can wait on you, Jeff and Simon to join her! Boy what a reunion that will be! :welcomesign:

I printed the photo you posted and lit a memorial candle for her. Guido and I will say a prayer for you & her before we blow the candle out and go to bed tonight.

RIP and happy birthday Sophie!

#5 OFFLINE   Lori

Lori

Guide Dog

• 3,259 posts
  • Interests:I love being outdoors with my animal gang, I camp,fish, like getting scared by horror movie but a chick flix is nice once in a while.spending time with my boys !!
  • Name:Lori

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:35 AM

The Colorado gang send their love :welcomesign: and we are thinking of you and your family...Happy birthday sweet Sophie :yes:
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion". ....

#6 OFFLINE   cyc1948

cyc1948

Veteran Dog

• Validating Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Name:Yvonne

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:35 AM

Jane you have been in my thoughts and prayers continually since I found out about your loss. She was an absolute beauty.

LOVE YOU!

Yvonne
Yvonne, Jazzie & Georgie's Mom
Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   Biggrins

Biggrins

Veteran Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • Interests:Photography, computers, doggies
  • Name:Wendy

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:52 AM

Beautiful rememberance, Jane! :welcomesign: :yes: :)

Edited by Biggrins, 26 January 2009 - 10:53 AM.

#8 IGW Guest: "RaffAndZeke"

IGW Guest: "RaffAndZeke"
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:33 PM

Rest in peace and run free, Sophie

#9 OFFLINE   Vinciesmom

Vinciesmom

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:My IG Vince, my Grandiggy Sambuca, my grandson EJ (Eric Jr)........
  • Name:Sandy

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:33 PM

RIP little Sophie, what a wonderful rememberance Jane, our heart goes out to you on this day! :big_sadblue: :big_roses: :big_rose:

#10 OFFLINE   tinyfeetzfl

tinyfeetzfl

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,068 posts
  • Name:Renee

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:22 PM

Happy birthday, Sophie - and hugs to you Jane and Simon. She was a very pretty little girl and you wrote a beautiful tribute.
Renee
Renee
Posted ImageIG Gili 10.25.06 (aka Tweety-Lou)

Posted Image

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us." ~Robert Louis Stevenson

#11 OFFLINE   igandwhippetlover

igandwhippetlover

Veteran Dog

• Premium Member
  • 1,246 posts
  • Name:Marsha

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:41 PM

Our heart goes out to you today. Happy Birthday Spohie. Run Free at the bridge.
Posted Image Posted Image

Rocket Angel Italian Greyhound Rescue, East Coast Florida Rep.
http://www.ilovemyjammies.com

#12 OFFLINE   About Time IGs

About Time IGs

IGW Admin

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts
  • Interests:IGs, Horses, Photography, Website & Graphic Design, and having fun!
  • Name:Laura

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:25 AM

Jane,
Being busy I have not been on the forum as much as I like, and had not kept up with all the posts. I knew you had been taking Sophie in for a couple vet visits, but Linda sent me an e-mail a couple days ago and mentioned your loss - and my heart just dropped. I had to log in right then and read thru all the posts to find out what had happened, hoping all the while I misunderstood and it was not true.

I am so very very sorry Jane. Especially to receive such bad news, to be dealing with processing that and then to loose her so abruptly. At least you were right with her at the end. Though it had to be heartwrenching for you, remember that she had you there with her for comfort.

I know, from reading your posts and chatting with you over the months, how much your precious little girl meant to you. She has a piece of your heart that she took with you - she will always keep that piece of your heart with her, but your pain will heal with time. I know how mind-numbing and extremly difficult it can be to face simple things without her right now, each day, each night, each thing that she was a part of, when she is not there. Please, if there is anything I can do to help, even just to provide a listening ear, a shoulder to lean on, or someone to talk to, you can write or call me anytime.

Remember the good times Jane. Remember the wonderful life and happy moments you shared with her. Hang in there, and one day you will be able to remember her with happiness and peace instead of with pain.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Laura

~Laura
I used to have a life, but my dogs ate it!

Posted Image
Hope's Blog ~ www.HopeAnn.com
Just A Little Faith ~ www.JustALittleFaith.com
About Time Italian Greyhounds ~ www.AboutTimeIGs.com
About Time Web Design ~ www.AboutTimeWebDesign.com

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot, Poet

#13 OFFLINE   Gwen

Gwen

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,314 posts
  • Interests:Art, reading, animals. Especially my dear doggies.
  • Name:Gwen

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:27 AM

Jane, for what it's worth, there has hardly been an hour gone by in recent days when I haven't thought about you. I absolutely believe that they wait for us, and surely they would not want us to feel such pain, but feel it we do. Sending prayers you way.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Boo Boo, Pixel and Georgie

#14 OFFLINE   Dunn13

Dunn13

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,627 posts
  • Name:Katie

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:24 AM

I know I am a little behind, but I wanted to pass along my thoughts and sadness at your loss. I hope your doing better each day. :P
Katie, Mobley and Kasia
Salt Lake City, UT

Posted Image Posted ImageA dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself

#15 OFFLINE   SoCalIggies4

SoCalIggies4

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts
  • Name:Angelica

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:30 PM

Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Greetings from Antonio, Alyssa, Alex & Adam

Visit Antonio's Page!

#16 OFFLINE   RudysMom

RudysMom

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Interests:Rudy :), Gator Football!!, Saltwater aquariums, snorkeling, reading, watching TV (Grey's Anatomy is my fav!), geckos, animal rescue, animals in general... my eBay side business.... learning how to cook & clean house LOL
  • Name:Shelby

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:57 PM

Oh Jane,

I am so sorry I missed this while we were moving and getting back online and now dealing with illness... I know sweet Sophie is running and barking and playing with the other iggies at the bridge and is just waiting to see you and Simon again one day.

Hugs & Love

:LOL:
Shelby & Rudy the Brown Dog
Boca Raton, FL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users