Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo

Lost IG Luigi

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   StifflersMom

StifflersMom

Tail Wagger

• IGW Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Name:Leslie

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:50 AM

Wednesday night, Luigi was transferred to his foster home in Orlando. Thursday night, Luigi bolted out the front door and took off. His foster dad saw him run and disappear, he said he couldn't even keep up with the car he was running so fast. He lives in a busy area of Orlando, and crossed Highway 50 which is at least 7 lanes. This was about 7:30 Thursday night. There was a sighting along another road, and he followed that trail as long as he could. As luck would have it, my friend/volunteer Lisa was having dinner with an animal communicator, so we got a picture to her and she had an initial reading about where he was, but he wasn't there any more by the time they checked. She has also told him to stop running and to come when he hears his name. Luigi is very skittish and being in a new area, has little familiarity with anything near him.

Please pray that he is found safely, especially in this busy area, with lots of holiday activity. Here is his picture. He's fawn and white, about 8 lbs. Tiny but FAST!

Attached Images

• Luigi3.jpg

#2 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:40 AM

Oh no Leslie....You just told me about him being picked up on Wednesday. I so hope this little guy is found soon. I have a humane trap if you need one and you know he is in a certain area. Luigi...NO MORE RUNNING
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#3 OFFLINE   RudysMom

RudysMom

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Interests:Rudy :), Gator Football!!, Saltwater aquariums, snorkeling, reading, watching TV (Grey's Anatomy is my fav!), geckos, animal rescue, animals in general... my eBay side business.... learning how to cook & clean house LOL
  • Name:Shelby

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:43 AM

Oh no this is awful. Poor little Luigi. I hope he lets someone catch him.
He is SOOOOOOO cute. I am in love with his little personality.
Shelby & Rudy the Brown Dog
Boca Raton, FL

#4 OFFLINE   02iglets

02iglets

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:IG's,sewing, reading, thrift shops, garage sales, computer boards/forums, and genealogy.
  • Name:Edie

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:57 AM

Luigi! Help is out there, just stop and listen little boy.

Tons of white light go out for a safe recovery. Would be a Christmas miracle.
~Edie
IGCA Rescue Rep
from Olympia, Washington

Mom to Mickey and Maddie

#5 OFFLINE   IGDiva

IGDiva

Cat Chaser

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Name:Lisa

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:08 PM

Luigi! Help is out there, just stop and listen little boy.

Tons of white light go out for a safe recovery. Would be a Christmas miracle.

************Update***********
Luigi has been found!!! Annemarie called all teh local vets in the area and had one call her back this afternoon letting her know that he was just brought in. He was found at the Intersection of Colonial and Mills Road in heavy traffic last night at 8:30pm. He is favoring a leg but appears to have no major injuries. We'll keep you posted as we get more info. :) :LOL: :) :dance_for_joy: :dance_for_joy:
Devoted Servant of the two Diva IGs
IGCA Rescue - FL Volunteer

#6 OFFLINE   Vinciesmom

Vinciesmom

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:My IG Vince, my Grandiggy Sambuca, my grandson EJ (Eric Jr)........
  • Name:Sandy

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:52 PM

GREAT NEWS!!!! :LOL:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 OFFLINE   StifflersMom

StifflersMom

Tail Wagger

• IGW Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Name:Leslie

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:43 PM

IG Rescue people are the best. I just spoke to John (Luigi's dad) and Annemarie and Luigi is fast asleep in Annemarie's arms at John's house. There is a concern with a previous leg break (plated) that will be looked at by my vet in the morning. But overall, considering what he's been through, he's just fine. Christmas miracle, absolutely.

John wants everyone to know how grateful he is to everyone who has thought about him and Luigi over the last 24 hours. He still can't believe how this tight community came together and found his little guy.

#8 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:01 PM

That is wonderful Leslie. How did the couple actually get Luigi...did they see him and just go up to him and take him?
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#9 OFFLINE   02iglets

02iglets

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:IG's,sewing, reading, thrift shops, garage sales, computer boards/forums, and genealogy.
  • Name:Edie

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:30 PM

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scratch_head:
~Edie
IGCA Rescue Rep
from Olympia, Washington

Mom to Mickey and Maddie

#10 OFFLINE   RudysMom

RudysMom

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Interests:Rudy :), Gator Football!!, Saltwater aquariums, snorkeling, reading, watching TV (Grey's Anatomy is my fav!), geckos, animal rescue, animals in general... my eBay side business.... learning how to cook & clean house LOL
  • Name:Shelby

Posted 20 December 2008 - 08:45 AM

I am so RELIEVED!!!
I am in tears. :spikey_nowink:
I only met Luigi for a few hours and I was in love with him.

So happy so happy so happy :dance_for_joy:
Shelby & Rudy the Brown Dog
Boca Raton, FL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users