Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo

Found in Palm Beach Gardens

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jane

Jane

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Interests:I love to knit, sew, crochet and of course spend time with the dogs.
  • Name:Jane

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:22 AM

Permission to crosspost. (Kim of Hautehound)

Did anyone lose a female fawn iggy in the Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter Florida Area?
Someone called me today and said her friend found her behind the Winn Dixie on Military Trail in a trash can this morning. It was 50 degrees last night.

She didn't have on a collar and she doesn't know yet if she is microchipped.

Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:52 PM

omg....in a trash can??? I have a friend with 2 fawns in the area...but they are home safe. Keep us updated on this one please.
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#3 OFFLINE   RudysMom

RudysMom

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Interests:Rudy :), Gator Football!!, Saltwater aquariums, snorkeling, reading, watching TV (Grey's Anatomy is my fav!), geckos, animal rescue, animals in general... my eBay side business.... learning how to cook & clean house LOL
  • Name:Shelby

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:43 PM

Oh poor baby.

I wonder if she needs a home... :)
Shelby & Rudy the Brown Dog
Boca Raton, FL

#4 IGW Guest: "Vicky"

IGW Guest: "Vicky"
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2008 - 09:22 AM

Ummmm, how would an iglet get into a trash can? Perhaps she was placed there. Rescue will take her in if the owner is not found. I'm in PSL and have lot's and lot's of free time as I am newly retired. Linda and I are rescue volunteers for IGC.

Vicky

PS Linda you should see the year old girl Humane Soc in Ft. Pierce turned over to us....a beauty!

#5 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:36 PM

Ummmm, how would an iglet get into a trash can? Perhaps she was placed there. Rescue will take her in if the owner is not found. I'm in PSL and have lot's and lot's of free time as I am newly retired. Linda and I are rescue volunteers for IGC.

Vicky

PS Linda you should see the year old girl Humane Soc in Ft. Pierce turned over to us....a beauty!

Hi Vicky....ohhh....I have to see the little girl.....I"ll email you.
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#6 OFFLINE   Jane

Jane

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Interests:I love to knit, sew, crochet and of course spend time with the dogs.
  • Name:Jane

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:25 PM

This little one has been reunited!

She's been reunited with her owner.
The lady took the dog to the vet for a microchip scan and the owner had reported her missing so the vet was able to contact her.
The owner said she had jumped out a window. Yikes!
And this is why all dogs should have on a collar with a tag regardless of whether they walk on a harness. She could have been home days ago if she had a tag on.

Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   Lori

Lori

Guide Dog

• 3,259 posts
  • Interests:I love being outdoors with my animal gang, I camp,fish, like getting scared by horror movie but a chick flix is nice once in a while.spending time with my boys !!
  • Name:Lori

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:54 PM

Does anyone know how she got in the trash? was she looking for food maybe.
Glad she is home :sosad:
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion". ....

#8 OFFLINE   RudysMom

RudysMom

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Interests:Rudy :), Gator Football!!, Saltwater aquariums, snorkeling, reading, watching TV (Grey's Anatomy is my fav!), geckos, animal rescue, animals in general... my eBay side business.... learning how to cook & clean house LOL
  • Name:Shelby

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:09 PM

I am so happy she was reunited with her Momma. :sosad:
Shelby & Rudy the Brown Dog
Boca Raton, FL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users