Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo

Faerie Tail IG/Whippet Rehabilitation & Rehoming

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FaeryLaedie

FaeryLaedie

Tail Wagger

• IGW Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Name:Kelly

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:19 PM

I haven't posted here much at all, but am going to try and visit on a regular basis.

I am quickly becoming known as "that lady in Alberta who does IG Rescue". I have been thinking for some time that I should put a name to what I am doing, but until recently was unsure of how to go about that. I have hopes that eventually I will be able to help on a larger scale and that this is the first step toward achieving that goal.

So I am pleased to announce the birth of "Faerie Tail IG / Whippet Rehabilitation and Rehoming".

I am not seeking donations at all, nor am I going to start scouring the countryside to take in bucketloads of dogs. I am going to continue at the same pace - 1 or 2 Fosters at a time from groups who are overwhelmed and in need of my help. I have included Whippets, as well ( although there are rarely any Whippets in need of help in my area ). I am still going to be a part of CWGRF ( www.chinookwindsgreyhounds.org ) and will be Fostering IG's and Whippets for them as they need me. They will be my first priority when it comes to Fostering and I will still be Volunteering at events as often as I can, as well as continuing the PR work that I have done for them in the past. My involvement with them is one of my passions and I am proud that they are willing to help ALL Sighthounds, regardless of pedigree or paperwork.

I started a blog, where I introduce myself and will post updates about my Fosters there, as well as anything else Rescue-Related that I am up to. Swing by for a visit if you're so inclined. http://iggywhippetre...g.blogspot.com/

Blessings from the Faerie Laedie!

Faerie Tail IG/Whippet R&R
"Because they all deserve a happy ending"
Kelly S Thompson
Founder, Faerie Tail IG/Whippet Rehabilitation & Rehoming
Because they all deserve a happy ending.
http://iggywhippetre...g.blogspot.com/

#2 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:54 PM

Hi Kelly...

I can certainly understand your passion. During this past summer, I discovered how satisfying it was to help IGs in need, if only by getting them out of Kill Shelters and transporting them to IG Rescue. Besides IGs, whenever I see a purebred in the kill shelters, I email the link to their prospective Rescues to see if they can help. This week, because of my quick emails, a young Great Dane with mange, that was turned in by it's owner, was picked up on Wednesday and is now being cared for by Great Dane Rescue...2 Boston Bull Terriers as well will be released from ACC soon too. It's wonderful to know that most Breed Rescues also keep a vigilant eye out on these shelters. I'm just sad that not every animal can be helped.

It's the little things that anyone can do to help a dog in need. As depressing as it is.....I am compelled to check 5 facilities twice a day, looking for IGs in need. Most sites are updated every 15 minutes 24/7. Keep up the good work!
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#3 OFFLINE   FaeryLaedie

FaeryLaedie

Tail Wagger

• IGW Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Name:Kelly

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:37 PM

Good Afternoon,

I am Fostering "Monkey" for ROMP IG Rescue in Chicago. Monkey has been with me for some time and we're working on his crate training. The weather has been nasty, so we have not started socializing him yet. I am hoping to do a lot of that over the next three weeks when I have a few days off.

After careful consideration, I feel that an agility/flyball home would be the best fit for Monkey. He is a high-energy Iggy who enjoys learning new things and would benefit from one-on-one training time with his new owner.

If you are looking for an Iggy and think Monkey might fit the bill, please contact me. If you know of someone who might be the home Monkey's been waiting for, please feel free to forward my contact info to them. I am located in Central Alberta.
Kelly S Thompson
Founder, Faerie Tail IG/Whippet Rehabilitation & Rehoming
Because they all deserve a happy ending.
http://iggywhippetre...g.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users