Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

My Swift-t

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Louiesmom

Louiesmom

Pack Member

• Premium Member
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Italian greyhounds, hiking, movies or good tv
  • Name:Beth

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:29 AM

Swift-t was my first IG. He was my best friend and closest companion for 13 years. I lost him on December 21st, 2007 to kidney disease. I still think of him every day. He was a great friend who will never be forgotten.

Attached Files

• Attached File  021.jpg   57.69KB   0 downloads

Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   remarvin

remarvin

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,501 posts
  • Name:Kate

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:33 AM

What a beautiful boy he was. I am sure he was a very special companion. Sending you hugs this holiday season :clap:
Kate and Dave and two little rascals...

Jack Posted Image and Mouse Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   Louiesmom

Louiesmom

Pack Member

• Premium Member
  • 917 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:26 PM

What a beautiful boy he was. I am sure he was a very special companion. Sending you hugs this holiday season :clap:

Thanks Kate. He was very special and terribly funny with his Star Trek character half and half face. I have found myself thinking about him a lot recently, I guess because the anniversary is coming up soon. Bella and Louie have brought me comfort and a lot of joy, but I will always miss Swift-t. He was one of a kind.

Beth
Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   remarvin

remarvin

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,501 posts
  • Name:Kate

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:51 PM

I love the split-face, it is such a unique and beautiful marking on IGs. And I love that these dogs have such a great, one of a kind personality - it makes them that much more special. But I imagine it also makes them harder to let go... I am glad you have Louie and Bella to bring smiles to your face each day!!
Kate and Dave and two little rascals...

Jack Posted Image and Mouse Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:25 PM

What a beautiful boy, Beth. We never forget. My Star passed away a little over 3 years ago and I look at her picture everyday by her ashes. She was 15. I know it must be hard for you with the first anniversary coming up.
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#6 OFFLINE   Dunn13

Dunn13

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,627 posts
  • Name:Katie

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:57 PM

Very handsome boy. Swift-T looks so proud, and I am sure this time of year is hard for you. We're here to cheer you up, and know we'll be thinking about you.
Katie, Mobley and Kasia
Salt Lake City, UT

Posted Image Posted ImageA dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself

#7 OFFLINE   Biggrins

Biggrins

Veteran Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • Interests:Photography, computers, doggies
  • Name:Wendy

Posted 18 November 2008 - 11:49 AM

Sorry for your loss. :rolleyes: He looked like a sweet boy!! :LOL:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 OFFLINE   Lori

Lori

Guide Dog

• 3,259 posts
  • Interests:I love being outdoors with my animal gang, I camp,fish, like getting scared by horror movie but a chick flix is nice once in a while.spending time with my boys !!
  • Name:Lori

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:45 PM

Sorry for your loss...I know the feeling I have more than one ig and I love them all....... but my Simon is my heart dog :thumbsup: I will be thinking of you this holiday season.....And know Swift-T loved you too :LOL: :thumbsdown:
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion". ....

#9 OFFLINE   igandwhippetlover

igandwhippetlover

Veteran Dog

• Premium Member
  • 1,246 posts
  • Name:Marsha

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:32 PM

I am sorry for your loss. I love his split face. What a great companion he was for you.
Posted Image Posted Image

Rocket Angel Italian Greyhound Rescue, East Coast Florida Rep.
http://www.ilovemyjammies.com

#10 OFFLINE   Louiesmom

Louiesmom

Pack Member

• Premium Member
  • 917 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:07 AM

Thanks to everyone for your support. It really helps to know that the wonderful friends from this board are there to help me through this difficult time.

Beth
Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   cyc1948

cyc1948

Veteran Dog

• Validating Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Name:Yvonne

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:25 AM

Beth I am so sorry for loss. Just try to remember all the funny and good times.
I know that it's a very terrible feeling because they[for some of us] are like our childern.

The banner attached to my name is my beloved Georgie.....He will be gone a year on Feb 25th ,09. He is still with me, I see his handy work every day. I have a plant that he up-rooted and bit the tips of of each long plume. This plant has long looking sticks for its' leaves that scar down [when bitten]and then new grow will occur,leaving the mark for history.

I didn't find what he had done until about week after he got killed. I have had to re plant it in water for it to recover ,it sit on my kitchen sink and I get to see what he loved to do best.....cause havoc and then act like"WHO ME ,SHE MUST BE OUT OF HER MIND...SHE KNOWS I AM HER BEST LITTLE :popcorndrink: ANGEL!''

I am so thankful for the things like this that makes me laugh and yes, keeps him at my side.
Yvonne, Jazzie & Georgie's Mom
Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   tinyfeetzfl

tinyfeetzfl

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,068 posts
  • Name:Renee

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:02 PM

What a sweet looking boy.. 13 years is a long time for you two to be together. They are never with us long enough. I read something
very beautiiful on the Italian Greyhound Listserv. Someone wrote in saying that she liked to believe that when these guys die they go
to a place 'where everything is warm and soft and beautiful'. I love those words. They form such a wonderful picture in my mind.
Renee
Renee
Posted ImageIG Gili 10.25.06 (aka Tweety-Lou)

Posted Image

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us." ~Robert Louis Stevenson

#13 OFFLINE   Louiesmom

Louiesmom

Pack Member

• Premium Member
  • 917 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:47 PM

Yes, Renee. That is a beautiful picture to hold onto. I was a member of K-9 Kidney's support group during the last 6 months of Swift-t's life and when he passed a member sent me a beautiful story about the rainbow bridge, where the puppies go to play in the sunshine until their human comes to join them. It's so beautiful and so moving. I'm tearing up just remembering it. I had a treasure for 13 years. It wasn't nearly long enough, but I am lucky to have had Swift-t in my life.

Beth
Posted Image

#14 IGW Guest: "Guido"

IGW Guest: "Guido"
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:43 AM

I avoid this area for obvious reasons. .! :rolleyes: Sending you good thoughts!

#15 OFFLINE   Divasmom

Divasmom

Pack Member

• Premium Member
  • 594 posts
  • Interests:family, Diva, friends, reading, gardening, scuba diving, quilting, dollmaking, ballroom dancing, sewing, various other crafts, taking Diva to visit nursing homes and schools, traveling,
  • Name:Billie

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:43 AM

I am sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose a good friend.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users