Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo

IG on the loose in my area/USE OF A HUMANE TRAP

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   igandwhippetlover

igandwhippetlover

Veteran Dog

• Premium Member
  • 1,246 posts
  • Name:Marsha

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:40 AM

I have not lost any resouces, but then I keep it very low keyed. I need the resouces because of Tony and Raffie. They both came from a horrendous place, and at the time places that we never even knew existed. Our vet is very good with our dogs, but she will be the first to admit she does not know everything and will check with others about it.

Last year when Tony was so sick and we did not know from what, she sent us to an e-vet. While Tony was there, I talked with others on one of the other forums. Since it was his liver, they suspected liver shunt. They all were very nice to give me all the information they had. When I told the doctor that I had spoken to breeders about Tony and what they thought it might be and should be checked, Low and behold the e-vet went off on me like you would not believe! He final statement to me was, "They maybe breeders but I am a vet!" Yeah Right! That is why he did not listen about the anesthesia he gave Tony to do a fine needle aspirate liver biopsy and killed him on the table! Thank God he was smart enough to bring him back to life. But because of what he did Tony now has issues he did not have before.

This is why I keep standing up for them. My Tony is alive because of the information given to me. it took six long months to heal Tony but he is here today. We are very thankful for him still being with us.

Edited by igandwhippetlover, 28 August 2008 - 09:41 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image

Rocket Angel Italian Greyhound Rescue, East Coast Florida Rep.
http://www.ilovemyjammies.com

#102 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:17 PM

low keyed....I only posted once a month if that, only enough to keep my account active (on intros and pictures)...all I ever did was read...can't get any more low keyed than that,....but that is the past and in my case, best to leave it there ....Marsha, I remember when Tony was so ill...and I totally agree with you that the with your Vet, sometimes the best resource of information about this breed is from other IG owners who maybe have been through the same thing.....you are lucky to have those resources to rely on...and Tony is one lucky dog for sure. I love all the forums....the people are there for you when there is a lost IG, a sick IG or one that needs to go into rescue, and will come out in droves to help....I never doubt that. I have even offered to transport any IG in need from S. Fl to either Vicky in Port St. Lucie or to Leslie in Melbourne...at any time if needed.
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#103 OFFLINE   igandwhippetlover

igandwhippetlover

Veteran Dog

• Premium Member
  • 1,246 posts
  • Name:Marsha

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:29 PM

That is very nice of you to help with transport if needed. I put down no one as it seems to always come back and bite you in ????.

Edited by igandwhippetlover, 28 August 2008 - 02:30 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image

Rocket Angel Italian Greyhound Rescue, East Coast Florida Rep.
http://www.ilovemyjammies.com

#104 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:41 AM

I have an update on Layla from Vicky Hudlin, who has Layla, but will be turning her over to Leslie Snyder today, for a meeting with her almost new Mom, from Orlando, tomorrow. She looks so happy and relaxed. I feel bad that she is having to move around again, just after getting used to Vicky's house...but I guess it's all part of Rescue..to make their way to a Forever Home...again....nothing compared to what she has lived through.

Layla with Jr....a boy she likes :wub:
IMG_0247.jpg
IMG_0243.jpg
IMG_0246.jpg

More pictures to follow when she gets to Leslies
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#105 OFFLINE   Jane

Jane

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Interests:I love to knit, sew, crochet and of course spend time with the dogs.
  • Name:Jane

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:23 AM

It's great to see her little smiling face, thanks Linda!

I think she could stand moving several times, it would be nothing to spending her days and nights on the loose.
Posted Image

#106 OFFLINE   Lori

Lori

Guide Dog

• 3,259 posts
  • Interests:I love being outdoors with my animal gang, I camp,fish, like getting scared by horror movie but a chick flix is nice once in a while.spending time with my boys !!
  • Name:Lori

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:04 AM

What a cutie....She looks good :wub:
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion". ....

#107 OFFLINE   SoCalIggies4

SoCalIggies4

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts
  • Name:Angelica

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:17 PM

awe!!! she looks very good. happy! can't wait to see her settled in her forever home!!!
Greetings from Antonio, Alyssa, Alex & Adam

Visit Antonio's Page!

#108 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:58 PM

I just got an email from Leslie (StifflersMom), IGCA Rescue. Layla is now safely in her care in Melbourne, Fl. Her new Mom is so excited to meet her tomorrow. I can't wait to hear about their meeting and hopefully see a picture of them together for the first time :wub:
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
Posted Image

#109 OFFLINE   SoCalIggies4

SoCalIggies4

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts
  • Name:Angelica

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:13 PM

awe!!! every post brings tears to our eyes!!! we hope to see pictures, as Layla is already in our hearts. We hope to see updates on her new forever home!!! :wub: :wub:
Greetings from Antonio, Alyssa, Alex & Adam

Visit Antonio's Page!

#110 OFFLINE   Ava

Ava

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Name:Alice

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:01 PM

yes, the tears, I'm so happy for Layla and hopefully Laylas new human mom will
become a member and keep us posted
From the desert of Arizona
where the dust blows and the tumbleweeds roll

Ava, mom to
Gracie and piXie
and forever in my heart
Bandit, run free dear boy

#111 OFFLINE   Diavolessa

Diavolessa

Cat Chaser

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Name:April

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:22 PM

This is such a great story! I can hardly wait to hear about her happy home!

#112 OFFLINE   02iglets

02iglets

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:IG's,sewing, reading, thrift shops, garage sales, computer boards/forums, and genealogy.
  • Name:Edie

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:51 PM

Leslie emailed me with the news that Layla's new mom recently lost her IG of 12.5 years and is so ready to welcome this new little girl into her life. So happy for both of them. :wub:
~Edie
IGCA Rescue Rep
from Olympia, Washington

Mom to Mickey and Maddie

#113 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 04:43 AM

There is no doubt that Karen will fall in love with her. Layla is just so sweet and loves people...she will be the perfect IG for her, I'm sure. :wub: I think they meet at 10:30 this morning.
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
Posted Image

#114 OFFLINE   tinyfeetzfl

tinyfeetzfl

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,068 posts
  • Name:Renee

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:17 AM

Thats sooo sweet of Layla with JR. I can personally attest to the fact that Gili would trade all of us here at home in a heartbeat
to snuggle ANY boy and wouldnt give us a glance in the rear-view mirror. The series of relocations she has will end up in a happy
ending, maybe with what she has been through its like one adventure after another to her. She really does seem pretty happy,
what a resourceful adaptable girl :wub:
Renee
Posted ImageIG Gili 10.25.06 (aka Tweety-Lou)

Posted Image

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us." ~Robert Louis Stevenson

#115 OFFLINE   exoduslaughin

exoduslaughin

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Name:Patrice

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:20 PM

I have read this story a number of times, because it warms my heart to see how everyone came together to help Layla in her time of need. And just now I came to get the link for the trap, and of course had to read the whole story again. And I realized that I should let you all know that the info on page 3 about the FL IGCA rep is no longer accurate. We now have two reps, me (Miami) and Annemarie (Indialantic). Our emails are patrice.igrescue@gmail.com and igrescueFL@gmail.com. If you need to reach us in an emergency write to me, I get my emails on my phone and I can give you my number (I would rather not post it on the internet).
Patrice, Mom to Sasha & Lily
IGCA Rescue Florida

Posted Image

#116 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:52 PM

Thanks Patrice for posting the updated information. Catching this IG was truly my ah-ha moment...getting involved with IGRescue and doing my small part.
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
Posted Image

#117 OFFLINE   mathy

mathy

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,301 posts
  • Name:Deb

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:52 AM

This is a fantastic story - congratulations to everyone involved. Layla is a beautiful looking IG - look at the great bone structure of her legs, despite being byb, she must have had some good genes in there somewhere.

I'm sorry to say that when I attempt to log into a certain IG website, I receive an "account suspended" notice in bright yellow - and I did nothing, except join this site and get found out smile.gif I don't whether it's a 'doggie world' thing or an American thing - very sad really.

I hope we get to see some pictures of Layla with her new Mum, if that's what comes to pass, cheers Deb and Yanni

#118 OFFLINE   Wendy

Wendy

Pack Member

• Premium Member
  • 564 posts
  • Name:Wendy

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (mathy @ Dec 14 2010, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry to say that when I attempt to log into a certain IG website, I receive an "account suspended" notice in bright yellow - and I did nothing, except join this site and get found out smile.gif I don't whether it's a 'doggie world' thing or an American thing - very sad really.

I think maybe it's the site; I just went to the URL from my school computer (I'm on my conference period) and got that message. I hadn't even tried to log in, nor had I ever used this computer to go there before.
Wendy
Posted Image
Posted Image<3<3<3 Emma <3<3<3

#119 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:09 AM

This is a fantastic story - congratulations to everyone involved. Layla is a beautiful looking IG - look at the great bone structure of her legs, despite being byb, she must have had some good genes in there somewhere.

I hope we get to see some pictures of Layla with her new Mum, if that's what comes to pass, cheers Deb and Yann

Sadly to say...when Layla (renamed Lola) was adopted.....I believe we only heard from her new owner only once. She is living with a lovely woman who is a red head, just like Lola, and enjoying life.

Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
Posted Image

#120 OFFLINE   Jane

Jane

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Interests:I love to knit, sew, crochet and of course spend time with the dogs.
  • Name:Jane

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:30 AM

I hope we get to see some pictures of Layla with her new Mum, if that's what comes to pass, cheers Deb and Yanni

Deb, the other site you speak of, is no more. It's over, and done.
Posted Image

#121 OFFLINE   mathy

mathy

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,301 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE (Jane @ Dec 16 2010, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Deb, the other site you speak of, is no more. It's over, and done.

Goodness! As in gone, is no more?

#122 OFFLINE   alliesmom

alliesmom

Guide Dog

• 9,519 posts
  • Interests:My main interest is loving and caring for my 2 IG girls, Allie and Riley, as well as my cat, Sabrina. I adore all animals, but I have a passion for IGs. This passion began with my first IG, Tara, who is waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge. I love anything that involves IGs; spending time with Allie and Riley, attending East Coast IG Rescue events, SHOPPING for Allie's and Riley's wardrobes, and of course, communicating with other IG Whispers members. Aside from IGs, my interests include reading a variety of genres and being with friends and family, especially my 13 year old niece, Ella. Professionally, I am a reading specialist for first and second grades. Although I enjoy teaching, the best thing about my job is the long summer vacation, during which I am free to spend endless hours with Allie and Riley.

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:06 AM

Yes, if you're talking about IG Post, it is gone.
Regards from Deb, Allie (6/1/07), and Riley (2/20/09)
Posted Image
Allie's webpage
Riley's webpage
Tara's webpage

#123 OFFLINE   mathy

mathy

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,301 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE (alliesmom @ Dec 22 2010, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, if you're talking about IG Post, it is gone.

Oh, I was. All those stories and information lost. How sad. Thanks for making it clear, cheers Deb

#124 OFFLINE   alliesmom

alliesmom

Guide Dog

• 9,519 posts
  • Interests:My main interest is loving and caring for my 2 IG girls, Allie and Riley, as well as my cat, Sabrina. I adore all animals, but I have a passion for IGs. This passion began with my first IG, Tara, who is waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge. I love anything that involves IGs; spending time with Allie and Riley, attending East Coast IG Rescue events, SHOPPING for Allie's and Riley's wardrobes, and of course, communicating with other IG Whispers members. Aside from IGs, my interests include reading a variety of genres and being with friends and family, especially my 13 year old niece, Ella. Professionally, I am a reading specialist for first and second grades. Although I enjoy teaching, the best thing about my job is the long summer vacation, during which I am free to spend endless hours with Allie and Riley.

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (mathy @ Dec 23 2010, 04:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, I was. All those stories and information lost. How sad. Thanks for making it clear, cheers Deb

It is sad. IG Post was my introduction to IG forums.
Regards from Deb, Allie (6/1/07), and Riley (2/20/09)
Posted Image
Allie's webpage
Riley's webpage
Tara's webpage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users