Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo

Prayers for a home

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Lulusmum

Lulusmum

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,638 posts
  • Interests:My family-that includes my Iggy :), homeschooling, gardening, knitting, crafting, nutrition/healthy living
  • Name:Katie

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:12 PM

This girl has been really pulling on my heart strings, so I thought I'd ask for more prayers for her. I've talked with her owner, she sounds like a fantastic pup. She needs a new home, the husband has big health issues that the pup is making worse, it will be her third home in her short 6 months of life. Please pray that she will find her lifetime home this time.

Edited by Lulusmum, 19 January 2014 - 09:02 PM.

Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   b00ph3tt3

b00ph3tt3

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,699 posts
  • Interests:Reading, my husband, our new daughter: Evelyn, playing with Stevie and Bonnie, listening to music, cuddling with my husband, admiring Stevie and Bonnie, cooking and baking, and just hangin' with my family!
  • Name:Elisabeth

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:24 PM

Oh my. That poor baby just looks so sad. I hope she finds a good home, soon!
Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   BooBooKitty

BooBooKitty

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 3,228 posts
  • Name:Fonda

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:10 PM

Please pray that she will find her lifetime home this time.

She probably would if her owner would place her in rescue. We will hold her in our thoughts and prayers.

user_587_e18.gifBoo Boo Kitty   2003 - 2014

#4 OFFLINE   Belladonna

Belladonna

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Name:Lana

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

Poor thing :( I am praying for a forever home!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Bella, Gordon and Allegra

#5 OFFLINE   Lulusmum

Lulusmum

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,638 posts
  • Interests:My family-that includes my Iggy :), homeschooling, gardening, knitting, crafting, nutrition/healthy living

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

Her owner isn't open to it, she wants the $$, that's why I'm so worried about her.

She probably would if her owner would place her in rescue. We will hold her in our thoughts and prayers.

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   b00ph3tt3

b00ph3tt3

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,699 posts
  • Interests:Reading, my husband, our new daughter: Evelyn, playing with Stevie and Bonnie, listening to music, cuddling with my husband, admiring Stevie and Bonnie, cooking and baking, and just hangin' with my family!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

Her owner isn't open to it, she wants the $$, that's why I'm so worried about her.

Yeah, that's what I figured when I saw her asking price. Poor thing. IG pups can be a whole different ball game if you aren't prepared for the breed!
Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   BeautifulBella

BeautifulBella

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Interests:Reading, golfing and finding everything iggie simply wonderful thanks to Bella and Gypsy....
  • Name:Audria

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:02 AM

Really? Thats all I have to say. Sorry.... I would so take this sweet pup. How could you not? The owner needs to the right thing...... Keeping this iggie in my prayers for finding its furever home...
Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   Lulusmum

Lulusmum

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

If I knew she would love living with kids and I could convince my husband to dig up the $$ I'd bring her home. I'm just praying that an iggie person adopts her or her owner will release her to rescue. Her story breaks my heart.

Edited by Lulusmum, 12 January 2014 - 10:51 AM.

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   LoganMango

LoganMango

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:Teaching, 5 IG rescues.
  • Name:Michelle

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:40 PM

Let IG rescue know too just in case the need to give her to Alice Espey in Seattle, WA. www.itgreyhoundnw.org

#10 OFFLINE   BooBooKitty

BooBooKitty

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

That's too bad. Money wins over the dog's best interests.

#11 OFFLINE   mathy

mathy

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,301 posts
  • Name:Deb

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:49 AM

It is sad, but I have to feel that if she wanted a good home for the pup, then the $$ wouldn't be that important. And, how can her husband be allergic to an IG but not that hairy looking terrier type? Just saying :) I'll send her some good thoughts, cheers Deb

#12 OFFLINE   Lisa

Lisa

Cat Chaser

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Name:Lisa

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:30 AM

I was thinking the same thing, Deb. But then we don't know the full facts. Perhaps the terrier isn't theirs?

Either way, I really feel for this poor girl. They should do the right thing and place her in a rescue.

I'm also worried that this dog maybe being placed away from the family if she's causing bad allergies, which is really sad. I hope that isn't the case.

#13 OFFLINE   IggyMom

IggyMom

Veteran Dog

• Premium Member
  • 1,447 posts
  • Interests:Reading,Iggies,Iggies and more iggies
    Roxy is our 13 year old rescue,Neo is our 8 year old Rescue and Emma is our 3 year old Caliente baby.
  • Name:Karen

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

Got to love the ongoing quest for the almighty $$$. And Yet she says she will take her to the pound if a home is not found????WTF!

#14 OFFLINE   Lulusmum

Lulusmum

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

What?!! OMG! If she is taking her to the pound I will go get her RIGHT NOW! F$%#! I'm calling her. Maybe she will just give her to me if the pound is an option.
Posted Image

#15 OFFLINE   Lulusmum

Lulusmum

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

I called. If I can give her $100 she will let me take her. I have to talk to my husband about that, we aren't really in the position to do that right now, we are saving up for Lulu's dental and I need to get a couple tumors checked out on her.
I did tell her that if she is going to take her to the pound to CALL me and I will go day or night to get her.
Posted Image

#16 OFFLINE   Lulusmum

Lulusmum

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

We are going to meet her tonight. If she loves my kids I'll pay for her. If she doesn't I won't pay for her. I can still bring her home if the owner will give her to me and I will turn her over to rescue. I also gave her the phone number to our local IGCA Rep.
Posted Image

#17 OFFLINE   TinyTaf

TinyTaf

Guide Dog

• 6,007 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

Good luck Katie. Please keep us posted.
Posted Image

#18 OFFLINE   Lulusmum

Lulusmum

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

I have her. She is a doll. Very very shy. I'll update more when I get home. An hours drive in thick fog, very little visibility.
Posted Image

#19 OFFLINE   b00ph3tt3

b00ph3tt3

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

Oh, good. Be safe- can't wait to hear more!
Posted Image

#20 OFFLINE   TinyTaf

TinyTaf

Guide Dog

• 6,007 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:21 PM

Yay, glad she is with you . Drive careful. I look forward to hearing about her.
Posted Image

#21 OFFLINE   Lulusmum

Lulusmum

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:22 PM

We made it home. Wanna hear something shocking? Lulu likes her! Wow. I got video. I'm beyond tired right now and no potties yet. Fingers crossed her kennel is clean in the am. I'll share more about her tomorrow.

She needs a name. Guinnevierre? (sp)
Posted Image

#22 OFFLINE   BooBooKitty

BooBooKitty

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:05 AM

I am glad to hear she is with you and seems to be doing ok.

She needs a name.

Do you know the comic strip, turned comic book, turned cartoon character "Little Lulu"?
  • "Little" Lulu Moppet: Lulu is the title character and is often the ringleader of the girls. As such, she is the leader of their less formal club. Her best friend is Annie Inch. Lulu is a kind and sincere little girl who, though prone to mischief, usually ends up saving the day.
  • Annie Inch: Annie is Lulu's best friend and occasional co-conspirator in her schemes to best the boys. She is the twin sister of Iggy and the two were often at each other's throats. They have a grandfather named Grandpa Feeb. Like most of the characters, their last names were variable with the stories, mainly her name was either Inch or McGee, but was more commonly remembered as Annie Inch.
  • Thomas "Tubby" Tompkins: Tubby, whose real name is Thomas,is Lulu's friend and the leader of the fellers. He has helped Lulu many times and has tormented her just as much. His closest friends are Eddie, Willy and Iggy, who happens to be Annie's twin brother. When they are together, they can be as nasty to Lulu as any boy would.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Lulu

#23 OFFLINE   Kim

Kim

Guide Dog

• Validating Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my Iggies and kitty. Reading good books. Staying fit and finding new healthy recipes.
  • Name:Kim

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:46 AM

So glad she is safe with you!

#24 OFFLINE   TinyTaf

TinyTaf

Guide Dog

• 6,007 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

How is she doing Katie?
Posted Image

#25 OFFLINE   Lulusmum

Lulusmum

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

Fonda, I love your suggestion, I wish I had read it before my husband started calling her Gwinny.

She is doing really well. Eating, pottying, playing. It is evident she hasn't had much interaction with people, she is shy and unsure of things. She didn't know her name so we are calling her Gwinny. She needs some training and socialization, then she will be ready for a home. It was an elderly couple who had her, they were in their 70's they got her from a woman who was keeping her outside on concrete and straw. Really sad. Lulu really seems to like her, even shared her basket ball. I'm shocked cause she dwarfs Lulu. Here are some pictures.

hmph. It won't let me upload. :( sorry.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users