Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Ch. Loranne Heart Throb - R.I.P.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bonz

bonz

Stray Dog

• Premium Member
  • 12 posts
  • Name:Gigi

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:44 PM

It is with a very heavy heart that I feel the need to share with you that I lost my boy Ch. Loranne Heart Throb aka Rob, Robbie, Roberto, Rob-I-toe, and mostly just Toe. He was only 5 years old and I didn't have him nearly long enough. My heart is shattered into a million pieces. He went in for a neuter 10 days ago ....he was on antibiotics but apparently he was septic from an infection. By the time we realized that we had a problem, it was too late. He died in my arms this evening. I am attaching two pics of him, one he was a young lad and one with his father laying on the back of our couch (Robbie is the one with more white on the right side). I can't stop crying!

Gigi

Attached File  Rob7.jpg   28.65KB   1 downloads

Attached File  Sleepy_boys.JPG   27.41KB   3 downloads

Edited by bonz, 28 May 2008 - 06:44 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:00 PM

omg..Gigi...I am sooo very sorry for your loss. Septic from a neuter? I know there are no words that will take the pain away. My thoughts and prays are with you and Robbie tonight. :) We are here for you.
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#3 OFFLINE   Diavolessa

Diavolessa

Cat Chaser

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Name:April

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:05 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. It is a tragedy when someone dies young and even worse when it is so unexpected. I hope you will find some peace as time passes. :)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 OFFLINE   igandwhippetlover

igandwhippetlover

Veteran Dog

• Premium Member
  • 1,246 posts
  • Name:Marsha

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:14 PM

My heart breaks for you and your family. I am sending prayers that you will be comforted from this loss. I know it hurts, I have not been there in the same type situation, but I have had a very close call. No words can comfort, no comfort can calm the tears and tears take time. :) :) Know that your little angel is at the Rainbow Bridge, healthly, happy, free from pain and waiting for you. Run Free Robbie.

Edited by igandwhippetlover, 28 May 2008 - 07:15 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image

Rocket Angel Italian Greyhound Rescue, East Coast Florida Rep.
http://www.ilovemyjammies.com

#5 OFFLINE   Jane

Jane

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Interests:I love to knit, sew, crochet and of course spend time with the dogs.
  • Name:Jane

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:16 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss and pray that you find comfort. A freak happening for sure, and not one I'll forget hearing about.
Posted Image

#6 IGW Guest: "Chrissi"

IGW Guest: "Chrissi"
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:00 PM

I am soooo sorrrrryyyyy

#7 OFFLINE   Mottster

Mottster

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Name:Emily

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:11 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, I know that words won't be nearly enough to comfort you. Run free sweet little Robbie.
Marine wife and mom to spoiled Mott and Enzo

#8 OFFLINE   Dunn13

Dunn13

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,627 posts
  • Name:Katie

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:24 PM

I know it must be so hard for you right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time.
Katie, Mobley and Kasia
Salt Lake City, UT

Posted Image Posted ImageA dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself

#9 OFFLINE   cyc1948

cyc1948

Veteran Dog

• Validating Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Name:Yvonne

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:53 AM

My Dearest Gigi,
My heart aches for you because I know that it is hard for you to stop crying and the gut-wrenching ache in your soul right now is all consuming and is physically sickening. My dear, time will soften this awful blow to your heart. I am so sorry for your loss.
I also lost the love of my life 12 weeks ago, his name is Georgie. It is still very hard but it's better with God's loving comfort. Just remember that, #1 This was not your fault. Don't blame yourself. This group was and have been and continue to be wonderful to us that have lost a loved fur baby. I am now waiting on a new baby to be born which for me is the only way I have been able to get though this.
Your baby was beautiful and he will always remain beautiful......time will soon let you laugh out loud when you remember the crazy antics that this wonderful breed is known for, you will also remember the indescribably, physical,loving, sloppy kisses,and love he gave you. He will also continue to do this with his lovely spirit..........You will be in my thought and prayers. I could not respond to your awful news last evening it made me so sick...let me express again,.......I am so very sorry for your loss to you and your family.
Yvonne, Jazzie & Georgie's Mom
Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   remarvin

remarvin

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,501 posts
  • Name:Kate

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:12 AM

I am very sorry for your loss. It seems to matter how much time we get to spend with these precious creatures, it is not nearly enough. My prayers are with you and your family.
Kate and Dave and two little rascals...

Jack Posted Image and Mouse Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   4iggies

4iggies

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Name:Terri

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:26 AM

We are so very sorry to hear about the passing of dear sweet Robbie - Zorro sends lots of love and iggy kisses on the loss of his litter brother and Brandon sends many hugs on the loss of his father - run free sweet sweet Robbie :)
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   bonz

bonz

Stray Dog

• Premium Member
  • 12 posts
  • Name:Gigi

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:16 AM

Thank you all for your sympathy. I try not to come here and read this because each and every one of you are making me cry rivers of tears.....but at the same time it is so very comforting to know that there are good people like you all out there that are bound together by one common bond....and that bond is the love that we all share for our babies. Robbie was taken from me at far too young an age....I had so many plans for us...happy, joyful times to come.

Robbie's father, David (Ch. Loranne Hit The Jackpot) is taking this particularly hard and that makes my heart break even more. Robbie and David have been inseparable since Robbie was 8 wks. old. They pottied together, slept in bed with me together, got crated together, ate together, ran around the house together, slept on the couch together, went to dog shows together....you get the picture. David has been letting out the most painful and sorrowful moans today.

I guess the tears will eventually subside and the happy memories will come, but for now it feels as if my heart has been shattered.

Thank you all again for your support....it means a lot to me right now.

#13 OFFLINE   SoCalIggies4

SoCalIggies4

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts
  • Name:Angelica

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:17 PM

My heart goes out to you. May your baby rest in peace. :)
Greetings from Antonio, Alyssa, Alex & Adam

Visit Antonio's Page!

#14 OFFLINE   Linda

Linda

IGW Admin

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts
  • Interests:My interests involve Anything and Everything IG. I have been making my own raw diet since 2006 and now am a big fan of dehydrating...now making all my dogs treats as well. I also love sewing and enjoy making reversible harness vests.

https://www.facebook.com/ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

http://www.igwhispers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
  • Name:Linda

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:13 PM

poor David... :thumbs: how heartbreaking for all of you
Linda
IGCA Rescue Volunteer

Star
11/23/90-7/13/05

Posted Image
"One of the unspoken truths of American life is how deeply people grieve over animals who live and die
with them, how real the emptiness is, how profound is the silence these creatures leave in their wake."
From Dog Years by Mark Doty
Posted Image
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went.-Josh Billings

My Story, and why I love it here****Facebook****YouTube****ReversibleHarnessVestsByLinda

#15 OFFLINE   TiffyandSofi

TiffyandSofi

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Name:Tiffany

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:42 PM

oh my. i am so so sorry. my thought are with you and david!
Posted Image

#16 OFFLINE   About Time IGs

About Time IGs

IGW Admin

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts
  • Interests:IGs, Horses, Photography, Website & Graphic Design, and having fun!
  • Name:Laura

Posted 31 May 2008 - 02:49 PM

Gigi,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know Robbie held a very special place in your family and your heart. I know also how difficult it is to cope with such a loss, especially when it is 'too early' at such a young age.
:resent:
My heart goes out to you :wub: and please let me know if there is anything I could possibly do to help you thru this time.

I know it means little now, but over time the pain will dull and the fond happy memories will warm your heart without bringing on the tears.
:o

Hugs and thoughts to you and David.

Laura

~Laura
I used to have a life, but my dogs ate it!

Posted Image
Hope's Blog ~ www.HopeAnn.com
Just A Little Faith ~ www.JustALittleFaith.com
About Time Italian Greyhounds ~ www.AboutTimeIGs.com
About Time Web Design ~ www.AboutTimeWebDesign.com

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot, Poet

#17 OFFLINE   Dunn13

Dunn13

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,627 posts
  • Name:Katie

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:29 PM

Gigi, I wanted to let you know I was thinking of your Robbie today as we were participating in Strut Your Mutt here in SLC. I made it a point this year to say a quick prayer at the beginning of the race for all our pets who we've lost too soon. We are thinking of you.
Katie, Mobley and Kasia
Salt Lake City, UT

Posted Image Posted ImageA dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself

#18 OFFLINE   Lori

Lori

Guide Dog

• 3,259 posts
  • Interests:I love being outdoors with my animal gang, I camp,fish, like getting scared by horror movie but a chick flix is nice once in a while.spending time with my boys !!
  • Name:Lori

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:59 AM

I am so sorry for your loss....How sad Please know you are in my heart and prayers
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion". ....

#19 OFFLINE   loveigs

loveigs

Stray Dog

• IGW Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name:Kris and Damian

Posted 07 July 2008 - 03:58 PM

GiGi, I am so sorry about your loss. I know the pain all too well. I do know that even though one baby doesnt or can't replace another, being able to love or have another with you does help tremendously. Your baby was georgeous. My prayers and condolences are with you..

K

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users