Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo

That was then, this is now!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lincolnigs

lincolnigs

Tail Wagger

• IGW Member
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Name:Scott

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

I was looking for a previous post of mine, and ran across this one. I thought it was interesting that 8 fosters was a lot then, now that is a dream!

http://www.igwhisper...p?showtopic=395

In comparison between then and now, we now have 21 IGs up for adoption. Last year we placed 26 in new homes, and already 2 this year with another one or two pending potentially.

I didn't find my previous annual posts though listing the number of dogs we have placed, so maybe I will need to recalculate each year. :(

Scott B.
Nebraska IG Rescue
Lincoln, NE
http://nebraskaigs.petfinder.org/

#2 OFFLINE   Belladonna

Belladonna

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Name:Lana

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

That is so sad. Thanks for helping these beautiful creatures.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Bella, Gordon and Allegra

#3 OFFLINE   mrswattsfresh

mrswattsfresh

Pack Member

• Premium Member
  • 963 posts
  • Interests:Playing with my IG and cat, travel, reading, volunteering with IG rescue, cooking. I am a Spanish teacher and head of the foreign language department at a 1600 student public high school in Wichita.
  • Name:Karen

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

Hi Scott,
I foster for KS/MO IG rescue, and I fostered one of your Nebraska IGs when your foster homes were full-maybe one of the ones from your post! Jet was 7 when he was given up by his owners, and your sister brought him down to Wichita for me to watch temporarily. Well, he's still here-foster failure!-and is the best little boy ever. Still going strong at 11 years young. Posted Image Good luck on adopting out your current batch of iggies!
Izzy!Posted Image
With Karen, Eric, and Spike the cat in Maize, Kansas.
Jet, waiting at the Rainbow Bridge since 11/26/13. I love you, little man!Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   iggielover

iggielover

Guide Dog

• Validating Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my IG daughter Gracie and when she will let me reading anything from Lynn Kurland and Melissa Mayhue. Camping & walking with Miss Grace. Playing SIMS, Nintendo DS games and connecting with other IG friends on FB, IGW and at Playdates. Going to Renaissance Fairs. Cooking and baking.
  • Name:Gerri

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

Thanks for all the work you do for IG's.

Gerri & Izzabellauser_371_e916.gifCanonsburg, PA 

d025d10d-ca40-43b9-aad9-dd76acda36e4_zps

Izzie - 9/17/2012; Izzabella  Koklich
Gracie - 5/20/2004 - 12/30/2013, Grace Kellie Koklich  beatingheart.gif 

#5 OFFLINE   lincolnigs

lincolnigs

Tail Wagger

• IGW Member
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Name:Scott

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

Hi Scott,
Well, he's still here-foster failure!-and is the best little boy ever.

Glad to hear Jet is doing well. Our foster homes have rarely been under capacity within the last 5 years, since my sister drove Jet your direction. Not enough forever homes, especially for the middle aged or older ones, who are normally the best behaved of any dogs in rescue.

#6 OFFLINE   b00ph3tt3

b00ph3tt3

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,699 posts
  • Interests:Reading, my husband, our new daughter: Evelyn, playing with Stevie and Bonnie, listening to music, cuddling with my husband, admiring Stevie and Bonnie, cooking and baking, and just hangin' with my family!
  • Name:Elisabeth

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

Not enough forever homes, especially for the middle aged or older ones, who are normally the best behaved of any dogs in rescue.

We just got into fostering here in Texas, and I've been surprised by how many IGs there are waiting for forever homes. :(

Our 8 y.o. foster girl is an absolute lady... We joke that she's our best dog because she is so sweet and well behaved. People are missing out by not looking at her...
Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   Daylily

Daylily

Stray Dog

• IGW Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Name:Martha

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

I wish we could foster again. Then again, we failed twice! But we were sucessful with two, so I'm actually batting .500! Our little town has a limit of 4 dogs, and we are at the limit. Someday, we will foster again, though. And when we adopt again (which will happen), we'll take a middle aged dog. Our Dutch was about 7 years old and Greyson was 6 when we adopted them, and they are absolutely the best dogs. Biggest worry I had was how well an older dog would bond with me - well, no more worries about that! You may not have as long with them as compared to a youngster, but it's all quality time, they seem to want to be with you and please you more than the youngesters (who eventually learn it).

#8 OFFLINE   Kelly

Kelly

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 4,353 posts
  • Name:Kelly

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Not enough forever homes, especially for the middle aged or older ones, who are normally the best behaved of any dogs in rescue.

Little Daisy Waisy is a GREAT dog. Any home would be lucky to have her as a permanent addition. The old ones are the best if you ask me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users