Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Faith, 9/15/2006 - 12/07/2012, Forever in my Heart

Faith Just A Little Faith

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   cbswizzle

cbswizzle

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Name:Corinne

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

Laura...I have been avoiding this topic the past few days because I was so afraid of what was within it. I read Faith's story, and it just has always brought tears to my eyes. I have shown her story to nearly every friend and family member in my life. She has been such an inspiration - and you, too, for giving her the kind of life she always deserved, the kind of life that she more than likely would have never had a chance to lead if it weren't for you.

When I first saw this topic populate on the sidebar, my heart sunk. Your Faith is the only "Faith" that I can recall on this site. There may be others here, but when I see or hear "Faith," your baby girl is the only one I think of. I didn't want to click it, I just didn't. Comparing my hesitation to what you must actually be going through is not even fair. I know that there is no way it can be comparable at all.

Well, here I am...I have finally visited this topic. My worst assumption, confirmed. I cannot believe that I am reading this. My heart aches for you, it simply is tearing apart and burning. What I am feeling though can't even be 1% of what you are feeling. I cannot imagine being in your shoes right now. Faith was such a miracle from the start. Her life would not have been possible without you. I am so tearful to write this. I have never even personally spoken to you, but I think I not only speak for myself when I say that I felt as though I know you, knew Faith, and had such a connection to her. Her story is one to be cherished and told for generations to come. She overcame every obstacle thrown at her. And you were right beside her.

I simply can't imagine losing my baby to anything. In the year and a half that I have been here, I feel as though Faith has resonated as a local hero, a mascot of sorts for IGW. Her beautiful face, her triumphant story. Your gorgeous angel will never be forgotten. I pray for you and your family that you find peace. Faith deserved many more years, but at no fault of your own. You gave her more than anyone ever thought she would have. You will see her someday, playing happily at the Bridge, with other iggies. Free of ailment, free of pain. In the meantime, she will always, ALWAYS be with you. She will always be near, and she will ALWAYS be such an important topic of inspiration not only in my life, but all of IGW - that I am sure of.

Rest in Peace sweet, sweet Faith. Fly amongst the angels, which is where you belong. :beatingheart: You got your wings a little earlier than most...it just means that God was eager to have you join him over anyone else that day. It's that something amazing, something beautiful, something inspirational in you. :)

Posted Image

#27 OFFLINE   Moose

Moose

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Interests:I love reading a doing research on IGs and their care. I also spending time with my horse, cat, and my SO. I spend a lot of my time trying to decide where my place is within this world.
  • Name:Sarah

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

Oh, I am so sorry. I worry so about Dinah getting out. I know that your heart must be aching so badly. All I can offer you is understanding, support and hugs. I am so sorry you lost your baby. I know what a big part of you little Faith was.

#28 OFFLINE   4iggies

4iggies

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Name:Terri

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

Laura, I am so sorry about Faith - she was truly a little miracle!!! She was so loved and lived a wonderful life with you that she would not have had with someone else. She is now running free at the Rainbow Bridge with so many of our beloved iggies. Sending hugs, prayers and iggy kisses.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#29 OFFLINE   vank0055

vank0055

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Name:Sammy

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

I am so sorry. What a terrible accident. She was so lucky to have an owner like you.
Posted ImageSophie Posted Image Paco

Posted Image

PacoPaintings.com

#30 OFFLINE   iggyHK

iggyHK

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Name:kt

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

How awful, I am so sorry for your loss. You never gave up on Faith and she was lucky to have you. Her story was the first I'd read when I began researching iggies.
Posted Image

#31 OFFLINE   LoganMango

LoganMango

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:Teaching, 5 IG rescues.
  • Name:Michelle

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Like others I was shocked to read about Faith's passing. Her story was so inspirational to so many IG lovers. It just reminds me how fragile life is and you never know when things can change suddenly, especially when you don't expect it. This sends tears down my eyes to read of sweet Faith being gone. She was such a survivor that represented all other IG's that struggle. I'm so sorry to read that it was an accident. Rest in peace sweet girl and you will never be forgotten on IG Whispers.

#32 OFFLINE   codypup

codypup

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Name:Phyllis

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

our thoughts are with you...
Sandy and Phyllis
proud parents of Cody
Irvine, CA

#33 OFFLINE   BeautifulBella

BeautifulBella

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Interests:Reading, golfing and finding everything iggie simply wonderful thanks to Bella and Gypsy....
  • Name:Audria

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Oh Laura I am so very very sorry to hear this. I remember reading of Faith and her incredible story with tears and I now read this with tears. I am hugging my Bella and telling all in the family to be ever so careful in not letting her go out that dang door. Please know we all here are sending you hugs, prayers and warm thoughts to you and your family.
Posted Image

#34 OFFLINE   my3igs

my3igs

Pack Member

• Premium Member
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Kindness in words create confidence, kindness in thinking creates profoundness, kindness in giving creates love.
  • Name:Evea

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

I am so sorry for your loss.Posted Image
ur.com/1iBBJr6.jpg?1Posted Image

#35 OFFLINE   Diavolessa

Diavolessa

Cat Chaser

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Name:April

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

She was an amazing little miracle girl. I wish you could have kept her for a full lifespan. My condolences.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#36 OFFLINE   About Time IGs

About Time IGs

IGW Admin

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts
  • Interests:IGs, Horses, Photography, Website & Graphic Design, and having fun!
  • Name:Laura

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:40 AM

Today I heard your whimper softly call my name-
I turned and saw your shadow but you were not there-
For just a second I felt your your nose touch my hand-
And just for that fleeting moment all was right with my world again.

Attached File  2012_11_03 001.JPG   32.43KB   2 downloads

Forever in my Heart: Faith, 9/15/2006 - 12/07/2012
~Laura
I used to have a life, but my dogs ate it!

Posted Image
Hope's Blog ~ www.HopeAnn.com
Just A Little Faith ~ www.JustALittleFaith.com
About Time Italian Greyhounds ~ www.AboutTimeIGs.com
About Time Web Design ~ www.AboutTimeWebDesign.com

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot, Poet

#37 OFFLINE   indigirl

indigirl

Pack Member

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Name:Kylie

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:20 AM

I'm so sorry Laura, grief has teeth and it bites us in unexpected ways. I will never forget Faith's story.

Sleep sweet little Faith xx
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users