Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo

Evelyn in Maryland

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Alessia

Alessia

Guide Dog

• 3,360 posts
  • Interests:triathlons, dog agility, sewing, psychology, autism
  • Name:Alessia

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Evelyn is located at Mid Atlantic IG Rescue (IGCA), Edgewater, MD

Posted Image

"From Evelyn's foster home: "8 y/o Evelyn is a very dainty dog, slight of stature, & very pretty. She is 10 lb & has plates in her front legs. She did have the bad habit of trying to jump into my arms, which I discouraged, because of the potential serious leg break. She eats kibble with no complaint. I have 2 older cats that are very used to dogs, but once she got her sea legs here, she took great delight in bouncing toward them, barking. I stop her immediately.

Evelyn is the only female, so she rules the roost. I am the pack leader, but if I am not paying attention she clearly tries to push the guys around. She is so tiny it's kind of funny, really.

She has never walked on a leash, as far as I can tell, until here. I have a fenced yard, so that is where the dogs potty, walks are strictly for exercise. She is becoming used to the idea of a leash, initially she really fought against it, as she is really headstrong, but she will walk on a lead very well if a human takes control.
Most IGs seem to prefer to live with another IG, and she is no exception. I would suggest that she not be placed with a female, because of her dominant personality."
Would you like more info on Evelyn? Contact us by email: midatlanticigrescue@cox.net."
Miko: born March 14th, 2012
Baloo: born April 17th, 2012
Mila: born June 23rd, 2012
Posted Image

swim.bike.run.recovery, my triathlon blog

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users