Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo

Luigi a 14 year old Rescue missing in MA

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dawondergirls

Dawondergirls

Guide Dog

• Validating Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,381 posts
  • Interests:IGs, cats, mystery books especially historical, classical music and singing.
  • Name:Doreen

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

There is a drama playing out in Eastern MA. Luigi was given up in Maine on Monday and was being transported to his foster home in New Hampshire. He slipped his collar in MA. A woman picked him up Monday night and kept him safe and warm but he slipped the collar she put on him before Rescue could get him. She didn't know who to call until Tuesday morning when she saw one of the posters and he has been out in the cold since Tuesday morning. There is a crew of volunteers from East Coast Italian Greyhound Rescue that has been trying to bring him in. He is spooked and afraid to come to anyone. They have a trap baited with chicken, sardines and other yummy foods. He has been sighted repeatedly and is staying in small area. My friend Julie is going out right now - they have another sighting.
Please, this little old man needs everyones pratyers that he is brought in and safe and warm for Thanksgiving.
His mom had to give him up because she lost her home on couldn't find an apartment she could afford that would allow dogs. She drove from Maine today to try and help gring him to safety. He barked when he heard her but wouldn't come in.
Please send some prayers to him! He needs them!

Attached Images

• Luigi.jpg

#2 OFFLINE   TinyTaf

TinyTaf

Guide Dog

• 6,007 posts
  • Name:Karen

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Poor Luigi. I hope they can catch him real soon. He will be in my thoughts & prayers.
Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   Dawondergirls

Dawondergirls

Guide Dog

• Validating Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,381 posts
  • Interests:IGs, cats, mystery books especially historical, classical music and singing.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

Julie just came back. The sighting was scary - he was standing in the road and a car almost hit him. He is in a wooded area but is surrounded by busy roads. It's a town north of Boston so it is busy.

Edited by Dawondergirls, 21 November 2012 - 08:45 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   b00ph3tt3

b00ph3tt3

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,699 posts
  • Interests:Reading, my husband, our new daughter: Evelyn, playing with Stevie and Bonnie, listening to music, cuddling with my husband, admiring Stevie and Bonnie, cooking and baking, and just hangin' with my family!
  • Name:Elisabeth

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

That just makes me feel sick to my stomach. Poor baby. He'll be in my prayers- I am hoping for a happy ending!
Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   Kim

Kim

Guide Dog

• Validating Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my Iggies and kitty. Reading good books. Staying fit and finding new healthy recipes.
  • Name:Kim

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

I hope this poor baby lets himself be found. Sending tons of hugs to everyone trying to bring him home safely.

#6 OFFLINE   Alessia

Alessia

Guide Dog

• 3,360 posts
  • Interests:triathlons, dog agility, sewing, psychology, autism
  • Name:Alessia

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

Oh no I really hope they find him... considering how often we hear about an iggy getting loose because of collars that don't restrain them properly... IG rescues should really, really make sure their rescue pups get a properly fitting harness
Miko: born March 14th, 2012
Baloo: born April 17th, 2012
Mila: born June 23rd, 2012
Posted Image

swim.bike.run.recovery, my triathlon blog

#7 OFFLINE   b00ph3tt3

b00ph3tt3

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,699 posts
  • Interests:Reading, my husband, our new daughter: Evelyn, playing with Stevie and Bonnie, listening to music, cuddling with my husband, admiring Stevie and Bonnie, cooking and baking, and just hangin' with my family!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

Oh no I really hope they find him... considering how often we hear about an iggy getting loose because of collars that don't restrain them properly... IG rescues should really, really make sure their rescue pups get a properly fitting harness

I was surprised by how many don't know how to properly put on a martingale collar. When I picked up my foster yesterday, hers was on incorrectly and it looked at first glance that it didn't fit... Fortunately I was carrying her still when I noticed it, or else it could have gone badly.
Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   Dawondergirls

Dawondergirls

Guide Dog

• Validating Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

Poor little guy is still out in the cold. One of the neighbors has put out a dog house with food hoping he will go in there tonight. He was sleeping next to her house and spooked as soon as they opened the door, He hasn't eaten anything they have left out for him. The neighbors are being wonderfully helpful.
Tomorrow they have another group of volunteers to search. They said he is like a ghost - you see him and then he's gone.
The weather has been warmer - above freezing - this week but is turning cold starting tomorrow night and rain/snow is expected this weekend. Mary Frankio the rescue coordinator will be there tomorrow and she is very experienced. She says they have had this happen before and it sometimes it takes time and the dog gets tired and gives up.
One good thing - when he is found, there are a lot of people who want to give him a forever home and try to make his remaining years happy.
I don't know how this happened - the transport person is a very experienced foster parent. I know when I have done transport, the rescue is in a crate and doesn't come out until I am in a securely fenced area or if it's a long trip with a harness and collar with 2 leashes to go potty..

#9 OFFLINE   b00ph3tt3

b00ph3tt3

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Poor little guy. Please keep us posted- I am still praying for a happy ending
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users