Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

- - - - -

Hope Ann has Arrived! Our beautiful baby girl!

Posted by About Time IGs, 15 September 2008 · 777 views

I know everyone has been waiting for pictures and updates on little Hope, so now that I have a minute to sit down at the computer, here they are!

Our little bundle of joy arrived on 08.08.08, at 4:35 PM, weighing 6 lbs 10 oz, and all of 20 inches long (though if you measure from toe-tip to the end of her hair she has to be over 21 inches!).

Her name is Hope Ann. Hope has been the name I wanted for a baby girl for over 10 years now, and Ann is my mothers middle name, and my middle name (her first daughter) as well.

As many of you know, we planned on a home birth with a midwife. I went into labor on Thursday, seriously got down to business Thursday evening, and made good progress all night. Early Friday morning things seemed to hit a wall, and went for four hours of being "almost there" with no further progress. I was exhausted to the point of uncontrolable trembling across my entire body, and my back had reached the point where it was severly spasming with each contraction to the point where i could no longer focus. Due to nausea from the pain I had been unable to eat or drink all night, and by that point was so dehydrated that the midwife was unable to even get an IV started. all things considered, it was time to head to the hospital.

My sister Joy is completing her degree to be a midwife, and had worked for a local hospital so I called her and told her we were coming. She was great. Though she quit a couple weeks back (as she just left for the Philipeans to complete her last two years of study) she was there waiting at the hospital with a wheelchair when we pulled up. She had be already checked in, a room waiting, a wonderful nurse and friend of hers ready to take care of me, and a very nice Dr lined up as well. Seemed everyone in the place knew Joy and was glad to be able to help her sister.

My contractions were only at about a third of the strength they should have been - or needed to be to deliver - and I was unable at that point to deal with anything when the back spasms hit. I was given an epidural to control the back pain, and allow my body to catch a couple hours of much needed rest while on IVs to get re-hydrated too. The Dr warned me that if my contractions did not strengthen I might be needing a c-section, but I told him I thought things would be ok once I was rested and my back was not an issue. He said we'd be looking at waiting till that evening likley and see what progress was made. After a couple hours I called the nurse and told her I didn't know exactly why i was saying this, but I felt the baby was ready to be born ... she said wouldn't hurt to check, and was surprised to find I was right! We made a couple quick calls and Joy and my mom came back, started pushing at 4:15, and Hope Ann made her grand entrance into the world just 20 minutes later at 4:35!

The first thing the nurse commented on as she was being born was lots of long dark thick hair - one of the heart monitoring probes on the side of her scalp was stuck in her hair when they tried to remove it! I think she looks like Richard, she has his head of hair for sure. After she was born, she spent an hour laying on my chest looking all around with her big dark eyes. I love the first picture below - it was taken just 5 minutes after she was born!

Everyone has been asking, so here are some photos to share!

Newborn Hope - Just 5 minutes after her birth
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Hope, an hour old, with Candace and my sister Joy
Posted Image

Hope, an hour old with my sister Joanna
Posted Image

Our New Family
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

Hope, 1 Day Old
Posted Image

Hope, 2 Days Old
Posted Image

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She is absolutely precious. I hope HOPE has had a fabulous first month at home with you. What a beautiful blessing wub.gif (love the photos)!

Just A Little Faith!

Faith's "Story" is one that never should have existed. By all rights, her story should have been over almost as soon as it began...

"Once upon a time there was a puppy.
The puppy had an accident and broke her neck.
She was given no chance of recovery, and was put to sleep."

End Of Story.
(or at least it should have been)

Faith's story though, is a bit longer than it should have been (by all rights).
Her story is being written daily, and is a story of determination, faith, hope, and miracles! We invite you to join in sharing her journey, and cheering for a little girl who just refuses to give up!

See the miracle of Faith's Story at www.JustALittleFaith.com
and share in Faith's daily updates here in her blog!

Recent Entries

August 2018

S M T W T F S
121314 15 161718

Faith's Photo Gallery

My Picture