Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Simon's Training Blog

Simon's First Agility Competition!

Posted by , 25 February 2009 - - - - - - · 1,270 views

Simon's Agility Debut

Simon had a pretty exciting week! He had his first Group Agility Class on Tuesday Feb 10 and on Saturday Feb 14 he had his first run in AKC Agility competition.
[font="Comic Sans...

Simon Is Starting to Work

Posted by , 30 January 2009 - - - - - - · 355 views

Hi

Simon, Al, Gracie and I just got back from 5 days of agility training devoted to Simon.  A friend who lives on the Olympic Penninsula has a great training facility, with both an indoor arena and an outdoor agility field.  She invited us...

A Mystery?

Posted by , 13 November 2008 - - - - - - · 347 views

Simon is working his way back to confidence.  He's had a couple of occassions where he has shut down on me, and although I have some ideas on what causes him to go into his shell, I am not certain on the cause or causes.  It's still a mystery.

Last weekend at a dog trial,...

I never realized Simon was sooo Soft.

Posted by , 22 October 2008 - - - - - - · 371 views

It's been a tough couple of weeks.  Simon has taken a huge step backwards, and it is very very surprising to me.  

I haven't seen it before, and I don't think I missed it, but right now he is a very very very soft dog.  It...

Simon's Terrified of the Teeter Now?!

Posted by , 09 October 2008 - - - - - - · 421 views

Up until this week Simon has done awesome.  I haven't done a lot of teeter work with him, but he was running over a full height teeter and holding his stay when it banged down.  Because of his progress and focus I started a couple of weeks ago working more on the teeter.  Simon was playing the bang it game with...

The hardest test yet!

Posted by , 06 October 2008 - - - - - - · 228 views

Simon has had a few more "tests" in the last couple of weeks.  He has passed them all.  Ok, one of them last Saturday was a little too much to expect of him.

We...

Awesome!

Posted by , 24 September 2008 - - - - - - · 416 views

Last night after Simon had to watch Al taking class from his crate, he got a chance to play.  There were essentially two classes in the building at the same time.  My class which was breaking up, and the next class which was beginning to assemble.  

I planned an 11 obstacle sequence that I wanted to try with...

Progresss!

Posted by , 24 September 2008 - - - - - - · 225 views

Sunday was another yucky day.  The clouds were just above your head and it rained most of the day.  Al had a bad run in the rain in the morning, hiding out in the first tunnel on the course, and although it was a little dark and damp in there, it seemed better to him than being out in the rain.  Since there...

Rain! Yuck

Posted by , 20 September 2008 - - - - - - · 217 views

Had an agility trial today.  Al has been feeling great so I d ecided to go and run him.  It poured rain!!  Summer was very short here this year.  Less than 2 months and it's back to rain.  Yuck.  

I took Simon to the practice jump and started to work a bit with him.  I didn't have the crate...

Busy Week

Posted by , 18 September 2008 - - - - - - · 227 views

Simon had a busy few days, and I'm happy he got some time with me.  3 training sessions in a week.  Good thing gas is cheap. :American Flag:

Today we went to our private lesson with Jef Blake and worked on speed (drive) and some more advanced handling.  Simon ran faster than he has ever, and really...

December 2017

S M T W T F S
17 18 1920212223

Recent Entries

Recent Comments