Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

Photo

IG's in need in Missouri!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cbswizzle

cbswizzle

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Name:Corinne

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:14 PM

Don't know if anyone follows Spoiled Bratzwear's FB Fan Page, but wanted to repost this here in case anyone can help.

31 IGs being auctioned off at a puppy mill in MO this weekend. If ANYONE can foster, please holler. My friend Maggie in OK is trying to help them but she can't take them if they have no place to go.

Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   smokeysmom

smokeysmom

Tail Wagger

• IGW Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:My 4 Italian Greyhounds & 1 Poodle/shih tzu X, gardening & interior decorating.
  • Name:Linda

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (cbswizzle @ Oct 20 2011, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't know if anyone follows Spoiled Bratzwear's FB Fan Page, but wanted to repost this here in case anyone can help.

It is so sad for me here in Alberta Canada knowing there are foster homes needed and I have room for a couple. I so wish I was closer to help.

Linda and boys in Alberta

#3 OFFLINE   cbswizzle

cbswizzle

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (smokeysmom @ Oct 21 2011, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is so sad for me here in Alberta Canada knowing there are foster homes needed and I have room for a couple. I so wish I was closer to help.

Linda and boys in Alberta

I live in MD, I wish I could help, too. Even if I did make the drive (probably 24+ hrs) I only live in an apt so I wouldn't have space. sad.gif I figured the best I could do was repost to get the attention of those who could help. sad.gif

Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   shadedmoonigs

shadedmoonigs

Guide Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • Name:Niki

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:20 AM

It just makes me feel sick to the stomach when I hear about IG's being auctioned like that - I never knew that happened until I saw a piece on facebook about it - still shocks me - the poor iggys thumbdown.gif
Posted ImageRiyadhPosted ImageAspenPosted ImageCairoPosted ImageCubaPosted ImageNasirPosted ImageSaudiPosted ImageCaliph

Please visit my website and shop
www.shadedmoonitaliangreyhounds.co.uk

www.etsy.com/shop/shadedmoon
Posted Image

'We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: amidst all the forms of life that surround us not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us.' - Maurice Maeterlinck

#5 OFFLINE   cbswizzle

cbswizzle

Big Dog

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (shadedmoonigs @ Oct 22 2011, 03:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It just makes me feel sick to the stomach when I hear about IG's being auctioned like that - I never knew that happened until I saw a piece on facebook about it - still shocks me - the poor iggys thumbdown.gif

I wish I could cage these people, make them sleep in their own filth, malnourish them, deprive and abuse them, and then auction them off to make a quick buck and not give a hoot about where they go or what happens to them! See how they like it! angry.gif

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   SightHoundsRule

SightHoundsRule

Stray Dog

• IGW Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name:Ann

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

I'm in Missouri and might be able to foster. How do I get more details?

#7 OFFLINE   kellersmom

kellersmom

Stray Dog

• Premium Member
  • 18 posts
  • Name:debbie pankau

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (SightHoundsRule @ Oct 23 2011, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm in Missouri and might be able to foster. How do I get more details?

If you contact me privately I can tell you more about what fostering entails, we can always use more help, we are slammed with dogs almost daily and can only help the ones we have foster homes for.

#8 OFFLINE   Murphee

Murphee

Stray Dog

• IGW Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Name:Sandy

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (cbswizzle @ Oct 20 2011, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What happened to them all? Did they find a place?

#9 OFFLINE   Vicky

Vicky

Veteran Dog

• 1,369 posts
  • Name:Vicky

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:39 AM

I will play devils advocate here. Please be aware that these dogs will be in less than optimal health, very possibly be positive for brucellosis which is contageous to your dogs and any that come in contact with any area of containment,(rescue has to put down those dogs) require serious $ invested for care of teeth and skin conditions plus possibly deal with unsocialized dogs who will require special care. Please just be aware that it is not always a simple process to salvation.

It can be an uphill battle so enter with eyes wide open, please. Rescue has had some success with mill pups and some heartbreaking failures. Please pray for those little souls.

Vicky

#10 OFFLINE   NeenandZeet

NeenandZeet

Guide Dog

• Premium Member
  • 2,934 posts
  • Interests:I like nature, the outdoors, animals, and take'in photographs. I love music and dance'in. I like to garden and enjoy take'in walks with my IG's! That's all I could really think of for now!
  • Name:Jaime

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:51 AM

what part of missouri is the pupp mill. do you know the name of it? zeta is from a puppymill in mo and i have been waiting to see hers close down. i always think about her mom and dad. and how much they suffer everyday.

easterigwhisperssig_zps3694933e.jpg

#11 OFFLINE   DonnaIA

DonnaIA

Cat Chaser

• IGW Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Name:Donna

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

In reference to these specific dogs, I don't think there were enough homes to take them so their fate is unknown. Missouri is perhaps the puppy mill capitol of the world. Last year the voters passed a law to tightly regulate the breeders, and the law was promptly thrown out because it was
"too expensive."
http://www.huffingto...w_n_849648.html

Anyone buying a dog from a pet store is supporting the puppy mill business. People who buy dogs from breeders need to do a lot of research. Just talking to a pleasant sounding woman on the phone is not enough. There are many quality breeders who genuinely care about their puppies and carefully place their healthy puppies. Unfortunately, I think the number of breeders who are merely in the business to make money far outnumber the first group.

Sorry for the rant, but I have had too many "money-maker" dogs in my home to not feel extremely passionate about this topic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users