Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

- - - - -

The Scent of Adventure Rises Again

Posted by Louie, 22 January 2010 · 579 views

Italian Greyhounds, puppies, dogs, adventures, thoughts, issues
Posted Image

I couldn’t put my paw on it. There was something amiss. It was kind of like a riddle.
“What’s on your mind, Louie?,” Lexi asked. She was sitting next to Stella and Mea in the library and we were all studying for a mid-term final in Etiquette – our hardest class. “Looks like the cat has your tongue.”
“Ha ha,” I replied sarcastically over their giggles. “No, I was just thinking about the canine god, the one that gave us the ability to do what we do. Remember, the mission and purpose behind the Beefy Snack Club?”
“Maybe he’s like Loki, the god of mischief,” Abbey piped in next to me. “Why else would we be so different than others?”
“That makes sense,” Stella said after getting over her fit of giggles. “We dogs are known for our tricks and cunningness. We even have secrets! One might say we even participate in chicanery.”
“Is that even a word?,” Abbey skeptically toned.
“Let’s go to our judges,” Stella replied. “Judges?”
Lexi and Mea nodded in agreement.
“There!,” Stella looked on approvingly as Abbey covered her snout with her paws in embarrassment. “You just have to look at our defiance and then you’d understand. Heck, we Italian Greyhounds are even known to throw a temper tantrum from time to time.”
Gregio came racing up the aisle. Instead of using the library for studying, he wanted to use it for socializing and meeting girls. Maybe that’s what libraries are for now since everybody is going to have an eReader like a Kindle, Nook or even the new Apple tablet. Maybe libraries will become obsolete leftovers from the last century.
“What’s going on, slow down, slow down,” I yelped at Gregio. “You’re running around like there’s a storm coming. Is rain in the forecast?”
“Dude, you have to check this out,” Gregio said between pants. “I was ducking in and out of the aisles, and I almost ran into Mrs. Longworth, the librarian. You know, the Irish Setter?”
“Well, I accidentally ran into this bookcase and a few books came off the shelf, bonking me in the head,” he continued. “As I was putting them back, I found this panel behind them. You really need to see this!”
We didn’t want to raise the ire of Mrs. Longworth so we followed Gregio quickly and quietly. His tail wagged in excitement as he led us to a darkened part of the library and to a bookcase sealed against the wall.
Gregio removed the books in question, saying he put them back because he didn’t want anyone else finding his “discovery.” We looked where he was talking and sure enough, there was a panel. After a few minutes of jostling it, it creaked open. A stale air escaped with a puff of dust and inside we found a book.
“Whoa, this is like before Wikipedia,” Gregio whispered.
“Open it up, Louie,” Mea said, her voice dripping with excitement.
With a huff, I blew the dust off the cover. A barely legible title appeared: Xanderleus: The Canine God. Could this be what we’re looking for? I flipped the cover over gently with a paw. The pages were weathered and yellowed. It said that Xanderleus descended from Mt. Olympus with Zeus and Aphrodite and provided companionship to the Greek gods.
I think we found what we were looking for. Adventure is beckoning once again!

Posted Image

November 2017

S M T W T F S
19 202122232425

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

My Picture