Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

- - - - -

Impeachment Sends Louie to School

Posted by Louie, 03 August 2009 · 416 views

Italian Greyhounds, puppies, dogs, adventures, thoughts, issues
Posted Image

Whew! What a whirlwind!

After going on a treasure hunt, a road trip, and travelling to Italy as a special envoy for First Dog Bo and the White House, I arrived home in Arizona thinking that I could go back to the life that I left behind. Not so, Delfina told me as I walked in the front door, exhausted and just a bit travel-worn.

See whats happened since youve been gone, Delfina screeched as she held up a piece of paper with official insignia. Youve been absent for so long that Bill Gruber has gotten you impeached and removed as dog catcher. Good going, Louie.

Months earlier, I had been elected as dog catcher. Since then, I had been swept along by events and living life. Whats so wrong with that? Im a party animal. Gruber, the former dog catcher, had found a technical disqualifier that said I must have a minimum educational background. Even though I was home schooled, like most dogs, I needed to have a diploma or some kind of certification.

So just go to school, Mea said. The whole troupe had followed me home. What a loyal group they were. Its not so hard and you should sail right through. You might even like it.

I know just the perfect place! Karma chimed in. You should go to Milk Bone Pickens High. Its really modern and they have all the latest technology. Every dog gets a computer and learns from e-books. Besides, the girls and I want to be cheerleaders!

I started thinking. Hmm, this isnt the worst thing in the world. Besides, did I really want to deal with the dark side of being a dog catcher and see the sordid cruelties I would be exposed to? Im too young to be scarred by the realities of the world. I need to maintain my optimistic youth and hang onto it for as long as possible.

I looked over at Gregio who had his tail between his legs. What did you do, I asked with my eyes.

Will the teacher get mad if Im not potty trained?, he sputtered with a worried look on his face.

We all laughed. Were Italian Greyhounds. Were known for our accidents!

Posted Image

I wonder if Louis joins a Fraternity? "Higher" education can be fun, to say the least.
QUOTE (Linda @ Aug 4 2009, 04:51 AM)
I wonder if Louis joins a Fraternity? "Higher" education can be fun, to say the least.

I hear ya. In fact, I was thinking about exploring that idea when they went on a "Road Trip" to make a speech at Porterhouse University. I was going to have all your girls part of a sorority and it was going to be called Delta Omega Gamma (D.O.G.) but that wasn't all too original so I sacked the idea.

This is more along the lines of them going to high school. There should be a lot of good stories with that!

November 2017

S M T W T F S
1920 21 22232425

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

My Picture