Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

- - - - -

A Crisis of Confidence Resolution

Posted by Louie, 02 July 2009 · 299 views

Italian Greyhounds, puppies, dogs, adventures, thoughts, issues
Posted Image

“This one goes out to all my peeps and pups.”

I woke up in the middle of the night. Jeez, what time is it? I was shaking and had woken up Abby in the process. We were at Porterhouse University and found our suite. Sure enough, it was as pleasant as we had hoped. The ivory towers that we had imagined were ordaining the school and to be quite frank, I was a bit intimidated. Would I live up to their expectations? Could I deliver?

“I just woke up thinking about the speech,” I said through pants. My confidence was shaken. “Will I be able to deliver? What if I’m laughed off stage? I can’t afford that and I’m so intimidated by it all. What if I’m no longer funny?”

“Please, you’re Louie,” Abby said sleepily. “Everybody loves you.”

“Not everybody.”

“Okay, this is what you do,” Abby replied through her yawns. She studied my face for hints of distress. “You need to think of everybody in the audience as without fur. That will get you through it all.”

“I think something else is going on, Louie,” she continued. “It has to do with Mea. I saw the two of you talking and quite frankly, you have to do what you want to do. I’ll stand by you but if you stray, that is when your house will crumble. Don’t be a stray dog. It’s really tragic.”

We met up later at Abby’s sorority house. Her sisters were debating who was cutest and Lexi won! She had recovered from her humiliating experience in the car and everyone was chanting ‘Lexi’s Sexy! Lexi’s Sexy!’ Quite a triumph! Deja and Zoey tied for second in votes and Mea came in third. We all howled our approval and the winners bowed in appreciation.

“Hey Mea, can I talk to you for a minute,” I said, pulling her aside from all the commotion. I always had a soft spot for the underdog. “I wanted to tell you that I really like you but I’m with Abby. I just want to be friends. Is that okay with you?”

“Ah Louie, you’re so sweet,” she covered her snout with her paws to hide her laughter. “I could never break up a sister’s relationship and would never dream of getting in between you. I just think you’re really cool and wanted to be your friend too.”

The speech was going to be in the afternoon. As I trotted out on the stage and looked over the student’s faces, my mind and heart were at peace. What a lucky dog I am! All the students were hairless chihuahuas and terriers! I began to speak and the confidence continued to build in my voice.

“… and in the end, if all else fails just remember that the big dog in the sky is looking out for you.”

Posted Image

November 2017

S M T W T F S
1920 21 22232425

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

My Picture