Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

- - - - -

Road Trip!

Posted by Louie, 23 June 2009 · 393 views

Italian Greyhounds, puppies, dogs, adventures, thoughts, issues
Posted Image

Dear Mr. Wilson:
It is our great honor and pleasure to extend an invitation for you to speak at Porterhouse University. Our faculty has been impressed with your adventures and would like you to address our student body. All the necessary arrangements will be made to accompany your lodging needs.
We look forward to hearing from you soon so that our students may benefit.
Kind Regards,
William "The Boxer" Cunningham
President
This was the letter that I received upon returning home from the Superstition Mountains. Wow! Porterhouse University. THE prestigious Porterhouse University! Who would have ever thought that they would invite little old me to come and speak? Wait, how in the world am I going to get there?
"Sounds like a road trip, dude," Gregrio drawled. He had been reading over my shoulder. "We have to get a car!"
"Do you even know how to drive?" Delfina condescendingly asked. Her mood had greatly soured since our last adventure and she demanded to sit out any future ones. She was so frightened that she had shed her hair like a chinchilla. Italian Greyhounds don't have a lot to lose so any gone is a lot.
"No but I could learn," I replied. "How hard could it be, really? The real question is, what kind of car should I get?"
"There's this car out that an IG could drive," Abby cut in. "I think it's called a Smart car. It's good for the environment, the perfect size for a small dog to drive and we're going to a school. That's only logical."
"By the way," Abby continued, smiling slyly. "I have some sorority sisters that would want to go. Whaddya say, Louie?"
"No problem but they have to chip in for gas," I said. "The prices are crazy!"
We scheduled the speech with the school and packed up the car. Gregio called shotgun and I was behind the wheel. Abby and her sorority sisters were in the back seat, making jokes and giggling. She introduced them all. There was Stella, who demanded all the attention, Karma, who was a reputable great kisser, and Zoey, the shy one. Then there was Lexi, the bossy one, Deja, who was always cheerful, and Mea, the cute one. When I saw her, I immediately grew red in the face because I was smitten by her eyes. Mea's hot!
"Ready for some tunes?" Gregio asked no one in particular. He selected a track on his iPod and the familiar song began.
As we roared off, the music began and everyone lifted their snout in the air and sang together:
"You ain't nothin' but a hound dog
Cryin' all the time
You ain't nothin' but a hound dog
Cryin' all the time
Well, you ain't never caught a rabbit
And you ain't no friend of mine"

To read and see more, visit http://louiesdogblog.com
Posted Image

Louis....as I'm up in Atlanta now....I FINALLY got a chance to read your Blog. It's perfect...I can't wait to read more. Thanks!

November 2017

S M T W T F S
19 202122232425

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

My Picture