Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. Registration is free, and you'll be able to have full access to our forum, chat, ads, galleries, classifieds, blogs, and all other features of our community.

- - - - -

Its been said

Posted by letumrun, 29 July 2009 · 272 views

"Nothing can make up for the absence of someone we love, and it would be wrong to try to find a substitute, we must simply hold out and see it through.

That sounds very hard at first, but at the same time it is a great consolation, for the gap, as long as it remains unfilled, preserves the bond between us.

It is nonsense to say that God fills the gap, He does not fill it, but on the contrary, He keeps it empty and so helps us to keep alive our former communion with each other, even at the cost of pain."

-Deitrich Bonhoeffer

Although my heart still breaks, it breaks silently, almost as if there is comfort in missing him. My tears aren't so bitter these days, as I know they are purely for me, not his restful soul. I just miss him so!

Maybe it's time to fill the gap.....having yet one more to love helps. I can relate....

November 2017

S M T W T F S
19 20 2122232425

Search My Blog